Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nikko City Area Pass 2017/8/6 18:44
Hi!

I will be visiting Nikko for a night. Will buy the Nikko City Area Pass. I have a query regarding its validity on the buses. I know that I can use it for 2 days to board any 2C bus departing from or arriving at the Tobu Nikkō Station bus terminal (Heritage Loop Bus), and 2A and 2B buses (For Lake Chuzenji and Yumoto Onsen) between Nikko Station and Rengeishi Bus Stop.
What do I do if I want to get on the 2A/2B bus one stop before the Rengeishi Bus Stop (Outside the valid zone)? I will be carrying the IC card (Pasmo)..

The reason for asking: I want to go to the Imperial Villa then head for the Kanmangafuchi Abyss. Thus, will take the bus to the stop in front of the villa. For Kanmangafuchi Abyss, I think it's possible for me to walk from Kanmandaiya Bridge near Turtle Inn up till the bridge near Nukazukainari Shrine. After that, walk to the main road. Hoping to catch Bus 2A/B back to town from the bus stop near Hotel Natural Garden Nikko. I think that Stop is Nikko Shokubutuen (?). This way, I won't need to retrace my steps. Just that, this Bus Stop is out of the valid area for Nikko City Area Pass..
Also, is it even possible to do this walk?

Tq, Mel

by Melanie Putra  

Re: Nikko City Area Pass 2017/8/7 10:57
I normally only use the Tobu bus pass described here: http://www.tobu-bus.com/en/nikko/ because I use the JR network (either JRP or the 3-day Tokyo Wide pass which pays off even for the Tokyo-Nikko return trip).

The 2-day city pass you are looking at seems to be mainly good for the return train (Tobu line) and trips just around town (which isn't that huge, just spread-out. And you can use suica/passmo if you are out of zone, but defeats some of the pass value. (You will miss the lake and falls.)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Nikko City Area Pass 2017/8/7 11:22
Hi!

Thanks for responding. Since I am there for only a night I don't plan to go up to the lake. I went to Chuzenji and the waterfalls few years back already. And since I will be there on the 2nd of November, koyo may be passed its best up in the mountains anyway.

Won't be using JR since not planning on getting the JR Pass. Thus, I think the best for my plan is still the Tobu's Nikko City Area Pass.

So re boarding the bus at Shokubutsuen (a stop before the valid area) - Can I tap in the IC card upon boarding then tap out at Rengeishi but don't disembark? Show the driver the pass to carry on with the journey to town?

Secondly, I looked at the bus schedule here for buses from Yumoto and Chuzenji to town: http://www.tobu-bus.com/en/nikko/pdf/nikko_en.pdf?201704
It doesn't show the bus stopping at many of the stops on the route map... I presume it does?

Tq, Mel
by Melanie Putra rate this post as useful

Re: Nikko City Area Pass 2017/8/8 07:48
The buses stop for people waiting at the bus stops.

Also, given minimum fare, there is not much point using the pass once you've used the IC card getting on the bus.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Nikko City Area Pass 2017/8/10 11:04
Thanks!
by Melanie Putra rate this post as useful

reply to this thread