Schools
-
Member Area

Home - Question Forum
be a spanish teacher in Japan, posible?

ask a new question  -  post a reaction

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question,
please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 3: Posts 1 - 20 of 43

1 2 3
next

be a spanish teacher in Japan, posible? 2005/4/16 00:21
Hi everyone,
My name is Camilo and im from South America, im looking for informations about the pisibility to teach spanish in Japan, i dont speak japanese.
I have a bachellors degree.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Bye.
by Camilo  

. 2005/4/17 04:09
Possible. Major language schools in Japan have Spanish courses.
In addition, there seems to be many private Spanish teachers from South America.

However, IMO you ought to know at least some Japanese language and Spanish teaching methodology. I would not like to learn a foreign language from a "teacher" who thinks he can be a teacher only if he can speak that language.

by meringue4 rate this post as useful

Thanks for the response 2005/4/18 23:17
Thank you for your response...
I know that talk a languaje is not enough to teach it, in my case i have some experience...
But i know that in some schools they trained you to teach. In the other hand you are right about japanese. But dont you believe that is it posible to learn it at the same time i teach ?
by Camilo rate this post as useful

. 2005/4/20 03:40
But dont you believe that is it posible to learn it at the same time i teach ?

It'd be okay if you mean you'll take part in a language learning circle
or something where you and other participants will mutually teach/learn
the languages.

If you are to be paid as a school/private teacher, however, knowledge on
Japanese will make your chance much bigger.

by meringue4 rate this post as useful

thanks for response 2005/4/21 23:39
Yhank you again for the information you ate giving me. I wonder if you have any idea of the places where i could have a shot to teach base in the knowlege i told i have and if it is posible to contact them by mail...

Try NOVA 2005/4/26 00:13
You should try NOVA, there is on line aply for teachers
by Brenda rate this post as useful

Thanks for the information 2005/4/27 23:32
Thankyou for the information. Il try to do it

mire socio 2005/5/4 03:36
francamente, andate a una embajada y listo, stay puro wuebeando aki, es mas seguro en la embajada

si no hay en tu pais, as i si ke cagastem, lol

by zero_cool rate this post as useful

Teaching Spanish In Japan 2006/5/12 08:05
Hi Camilo, I am Alejandra and i live in New Zealand, I am originally from Chile,and I am wanting to go to Japan to teach Spanish, have you done much research.? how did you go? please let me know.
by Alejandra rate this post as useful

Me too.. 2006/6/6 08:12
Hello Alejandra and Camilo...
I am from Chile too and I would also like to be a spanish teacher in Japan. If I find something I'll let you guys know, and please tell me if you come across something useful... :)
by Felipe rate this post as useful

espanol en japon 2006/6/9 17:03
hola camilo y alejandra yo tambien estoy interesada en ensenar espanol soy de mexico pero vivo en canada si saben de algo me podrian avisar por favor gracias
by sandra rate this post as useful

yo tambien 2006/6/17 21:12
hola a todos, yo soy portuguesa y estoy buscando trabajo en japon como profe de lenguas: portugues, espanol e ingles. vivi y estudie en Guatemala y llevo anos haciendo traduciones de espanol. pienso irme a finales de agosto. todavia no tengo nada muy definido pero mi consejo es que busquen en las escuelas brasilenas, por lo de los acuerdos Mercosul.
by Kindala rate this post as useful

Me too! 2006/6/18 06:42
Hola camilo y compañia = ) yo soy Mexicano y tambien buscare trabajo en el Japon el proximo Enero, yo he averiguado algo y eso si es posible, yo soy maestro de Ingles, no com mucha experiencia pero al fin experiencia, si es posible aprendero y esneñarlo al mismo tiempo, pero es complicado y gratificante, mi novia esta en Tokyo y me voy con ella el proximo año, es mucho mas posible encontrar trabajo ya en el Japon, lo complicado sera sostenerse los primeros meses, les propongo hacer frente e intentar algo juntos, asi nos ganamos mas tiempo y estadia barata, si gustan comunicarse tengo mas info, y algo de experiencia previa
hell_ounurse@hotmail.com
by ANgel rate this post as useful

possible but hard 2006/7/27 14:46
I've send resumes to nova for a spanish teacher position.
i have sent hundreds of resumes to every single school i found in japan and universities on the net, i have send resumes to japan by fedex (nova's multimedia center in Osaka and london office) but i encounter the following problems:
In japan they do not take interviews, in london they only take intervies if at the moment you are living in europe.
Small schools ask me to contact them when i get to japan, from 90 schools i only got only 2 replyes, wich means i have to be there and kind of actually get or have a visa (like spousal visa) chances are that i can get at first an arubaito (part time job) so you will need a lot of $$$ to support myself for a few months, and even more if i am married. If you get married to a japanese lady chances are thats she will want to live abroad, not in japan. if you move to her country you will have to face strong cultural shortcommings, and if you move to her house, i can smell trouble from the moment you put your feet at narita's airport. remeber japan is like a land mine, whenever you step at japanese people house chances are you will step wrong (whatever you do is rude or selfish).
the schools that teach spanish already they have spanish teachers and they will hold on to that job like hell, is hard for teachers or foreigners to get a better job, unless you have extremely special skills, and japan has it all. better teaching than in a factory doing the three k jobs which only illegal immigrants are willing to do in factories.

i am a freelance web designer and i want to open a site for only spanish or GOOD latin americans willing to get to japan and make their dreams come true, english speakers have it easy, they get jet program visas, working holidays, they are native speakers bla bla...
any info please contact me Oscar at
oskargotti@yahoo.com

by Oscar rate this post as useful

hola el saber japones ayuda mas 2006/7/28 10:50
Hello yo me llamo John I tambien quiero ir a japon a ensenar I'm currently a Software Engineer and Im still going to college to get my Associate degree in Computer Science I live in the US andwhat I found out so far is that the better knowledge you have in japanese the better chances you have of finding a Job. lo mejor de hacer es ir a la embajada japonesa a i te dan toda la informacion que quieras, es lo que yo hice y por los ultimos 3 anos he estudiado de lo que me dijeron y apenas aplique a one company in japan (Kodansha) and I already receive a reply and it seems they are interested in hiring me. so boy ir a japon la proxima semana de vacaciones y a la entrevista since I said that I was currently living in japan. anyway hope this helps you. o I yo hablo 3 idiomas la gente que es bilingue tiene buenos chances de buscar trabajo pero saber japones ayuda mas.
by JD rate this post as useful

Thanks 2006/8/25 08:31
Hi to all,in my recent post i metioned i am a freelance webdesigner and i am going to start a spanish latinamerican web site for people whose dream is to live in japan, i
i have received several emails from people around the world and they are indeed truly looking forward in to getting some information about how to get a job. thanks to all of you who wrotte with support an gave ideas...
I happen to have a japanese friend here in my country cause i want to receive inquires from companies in japan now that they are having work force shortage, i am planing that people's resume will be posted on the internet along with a letter why they want to live and work in japan in a simple honest writting, i will have this analized with some japanese people i know here and only the true convincing will be posted, also proof of having legally lived in japan for studies or visit... i intend this site for people like me... who even they have worst conditions in japan than they would have back home they are willing to go to live and work in japan just for the love for the country and its culture...
any other ideas will be apreciated...
oskargotti@yahoo.com

vivir en Japon porfavor 2006/9/10 22:37
Hola a todos soy de Espa;a y ma;ana viajo a Kyoto, tengo villete de vuelta pero voy a hacer todo lo posible por no utilizarlo, si sabeis que puedo hacer para quedarme alli trabajando, dando clases de espa;ol o lo que sea porfavor decidmelo, tengo 17 dias para conseguirlo. Un saludo
by a por todas rate this post as useful

Instituto Cervantes 2006/9/15 01:46
Hola, soy Manuel y soy de Barcelona. No tengo relacion con el mundo de la enseñanza pero por lo que sé de amigos míos que si se dedican, es que hay un auge del interes por el aprendizaje del español-castellano en Japon, y en toda Asia en general. Durante el 2007 se abrirá un Instituto Cervantes en Tokio, por lo que os recomiendo que hagais algun curso de formacion de profesores y os informeis via insituto Cervantes, sus delegaciones y grupos asociados. Hay una considerable demanda, creo entender. Bueno, suerte a todos, y a divulgar nuestra lengua, que es la mejor manera de hacer llegar la cutura y tradicones hispano-americanas a todo el mundo. Un saludo.
by Manuel Fernández Quevedo rate this post as useful

Teaching in Japan 2006/9/19 20:52
I taught English in Japan for 2 years (until July 06)...
the time i was there, the number of Spanish teachers increased a lot.
Most small schools, as said previously, employee only people living in Japan, as do some big schools too (ECC etc...) NOVA only employee from abroad, so i believe.
a good website for more information is gaijinpot.com which has alots of teaching jobs..mainly english but also a few for spanish, plus you can post messages there too.
If you have any questions you can email me.... greg.bradford@lycos.de
by Greg rate this post as useful

NOT REALLY 2006/9/26 13:05
It is why i decided to open a site for spanish teachers... the forecast is not as nice as the last person states...
i did a search in gaijin post for spanish teacher positions and this it what i got:
findstudents.net which is a website in where you can post your Ad that you want to tech private courses. you cant get visa sponsored with that, and you cant live on that eaither, that is only for pocket money and maybe some beers on weekend, but that is not a stable job and will not get you to japan from latin america or spain.
the other jobs are for a company, a jobs that last 2.5 months, ans they need higly trained tutors, not the type of tutors they accept in Jet programs or Nova, just you need to speak english, and they state no previosu experience required.
the other ad i found on my search is to open your own franchise for a language school... so i need to invest 50 to 90k US to live in japan???

It is why i got so many emails from people all over the world in the last few weeks, i tried to respond all af them asking for advices and the thruth.

i will let you know when the site is finished'
in the mean time you can email me

oskargotti@yahoo.com

pueden enviarme us correos en espanol ou en francais SVP

sayonala.

Page 1 of 3: Posts 1 - 20 of 43

1 2 3
next

reply to this thread

Advertisement

Online Reservations
Hotel

Car

Flight

Bus

(check-in)

Related Pages

Travel
Living
Japan A-Z
Community
Sightseeing
Accommodation
Transportation
Shopping
Essentials
Regions
Prefectures
Cities
Working
Studying
Living Cost
Apartments
Arts and Crafts
Entertainment
History
Religion
Etiquette
Food
Language
Tradition
Question Forum
Classifieds
Trip Reports
Member Area
Sightseeing Guide
Hokkaido
Sapporo
Otaru
Hakodate
Noboribetsu
Niseko
Furano
Daisetsuzan
Shiretoko
more...
Tohoku
Sendai
Matsushima
Hiraizumi
Hachimantai
Hirosaki
Lake Towada
Dewa Sanzan
Aizu
more...
Kanto
Tokyo
Yokohama
Kamakura
Hakone
Nikko
Kawagoe
Kusatsu
Narita
more...
Chubu
Nagoya
Mount Fuji
Izu Peninsula
Matsumoto
Kiso Valley
Takayama
Shirakawa-go
Kanazawa
more...
Kansai
Kyoto
Osaka
Nara
Kobe
Himeji
Mount Koya
Kumano
Ise Shima
more...
Chugoku
Hiroshima
Miyajima
Okayama
Kurashiki
Tottori
Matsue
Iwakuni
Hagi
more...
Shikoku
Takamatsu
Kotohira
Naoshima
Matsuyama
Kochi
Tokushima
Naruto
Iya Valley
more...
Kyushu
Fukuoka
Nagasaki
Kumamoto
Mount Aso
Beppu
Kagoshima
Kirishima
Yakushima
more...
Okinawa
Honto
Kume
Miyako
Yaeyama
Copyright © 1996-2014 japan-guide.com All rights reserved
home - site map - privacy policy - terms of use - contact - employment - L‚ɂ‚¢‚Ä - advertising