Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

10D9N itinerary 2017/8/13 13:17
Hello there!
Can someone share or suggest any itineraries for 10D9N travel including the transportation that we should take? We are all first-timers in Japan. Our route is Tokyo-Hakone/Mt. Fuji-Kyoto-Osaka.
by Jan (guest)  

Re: 10D9N itinerary 2017/8/14 07:23
Well, I think as you are traveling you should first think about what is it that interests you in traveling to Japan. E.g. History, nature, anime...
Then consider your travel pace and budget
Then have a look e.g. at this guide here for specific locations that are interesting to you.

Once that is done and you have an approximate outline of your trip and are clear on what you want, I am sure this forum here will be perfectly willing to help you plan bits and pieces and give specific advise.

But right now I feel that your question is too broad for me and I would "force" you to make my trip instead of allowing you to do your own per your interests.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: 10D9N itinerary 2017/8/14 22:09
Everything is OK with us as we all have different interests such as nature, heritage, and anime too!
We hope someone here will share his/her itinerary and help us with this.

Thank you in advance. xoxo
by Jan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10D9N itinerary 2017/8/14 23:13
Well, this forum is not a travel agency. Here are people who know something about Japan and are willing to help others with specific questions.
If you want general ideas about trips to Japan, check out these pages here first: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400.html

Then if you have specific questions I am pretty sure that people will be happy to help.

But maybe there is someone else out there, with already a perfectly planned trip. Actually if you look through questions from other travellers posted here every day, you will see that many have very detailed plans laid out. So you might as well copy one of those, if the above web page does not give you what you need.

by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: 10D9N itinerary 2017/8/15 01:33
Here very basic information is not yet shared: when, how and where in Japan you will arrive.

Especially the time of the year may affect your itinerary.
e.g.
: Skiing is not your option in midsummer.
: Some tourist sites, such as Kamikochi and Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route, are closed to the pubic during winter and early spring.

Our route is Tokyo-Hakone/Mt. Fuji-Kyoto-Osaka.

So, will you fly out from Kansai Airport [KIX]?

Hakone can be visited in a day trip from Tokyo; so can Kawaguchiko (among the Fuji Five Lakes).

You can choose another route, by railway via Nagano and Kanazawa or by bus via Matsumoto and Takayama, for example, to Kyoto and Osaka.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: 10D9N itinerary 2017/8/15 04:38
Where do you fly in and out of?
When to you plan to visit?
Do you want to go to festivals?
Are theme parks desirable? Disney? Fuji-Q? Universal Osaka? Edo Wonderland? Huis Ten Bosch? Nagashima Spaland? Spain Mura? The winter illuminations at Nabana No Sato?
How about gardens?
Do you think that you will get "Templed Out"?
Are you interested in Nature Trails? Arts and Crafts? Onsens?
You mentioned mount Fuji. The season for climbing is almost over. Are you
wanting to do the night ascent to arrive at the peak at sunrise?
You mentioned Hakone. Are you planning to do the "Round Course"?

I have questions answered before I can respond.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: 10D9N itinerary 2017/8/15 10:05
If you are set on the 10D9N, do a search on Google "10 day itinerary japan". You can also add certain words to it like "budget" or "blogs"

I got this:
https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=10+day+itinerary+japan...

Or go to this site's own itinerary ideas under Plan a Trip to look for ideas.

That's how I start out with mines. I read through different sites online and narrowed down on the places I want to go. From there, I had to figure out how long I wanted to stay in each area. If that place a good time to go to during a particular season or not. If I'm doing any theme parks (because that takes away a day or 2 from doing real Japan). And so on.

The questions ebaychucky asked is a great way to start on your planning.

After that, the regulars here can help you. After their help then it's up to you to finalize it.
by hibell77 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread