Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

8 Days Osaka Trip 2017/8/14 00:12
Hi everyone! I'm traveling to Osaka with my mum in mid sept for 8 days. It's our first trip to Japan, and we will need some advise from kind souls. We are planning to visit Kyoto and Nara and Osaka (including USJ) during this 8 days.

1. But we are not sure how to arrange and plan out the 8 days, can anyone of you suggest an itinerary for us?
Eg: Day 1 will be a rest day for us as we arrive quite late, 7pm at Kansai airport.
Day 2:
Day 3:
Etc

We arrive at 7pm on the first day at Kansai Airport, is it worth getting any pass or purchase a separate express train ticket to city? We are staying at Sakaisuji- Hommachi station.

2. Can you also recommend which type of tourist pass we should purchase during this trip? I've done some research online, but I'm still quite confuse as there are too many passes and they seemed quite similar.
Eg, Osaka amazing pass, Yokoso Osaka Ticket, Hankyu Tourist pass, ICOCA Card, Kansai thru pass, Kansai one pass etc.

3. Any good deals for pocket Wifi rental?

Appreciate all your time and suggestions!
Thank you!!
by Lin SR  

Re: 8 Days Osaka Trip 2017/8/14 02:32
Hi Lin,

I am personally a fan of the Museum of Old Japanese Farm Houses. http://www.osaka-info.jp/en/facilities/cat/post_361.html

As for pocket wifi, I've seen this asked here before. But my experience is that simply buying a data volume SIM card serves you best, which will give you 1 or 2 gb of traffic, usable in Japan within 3 months.

Hope this helps!
by purple cow rate this post as useful

Re: 8 Days Osaka Trip 2017/8/14 06:28
It obviously depends on your specific interests. I personally enjoy temples so I would spend 2 days in Nara and the remaining time in Kyoto.
If you want to see a Japanese castle I would skip the one in Osaka (which was built in the post-war era, and do. a daytrip to Himeiji instead.
I personally still have not discovered the attraction of Osaka, so my advise would be to skip Osaka all together, but if you want to go to Universal park, then you'll need a day in Osaka.
I have been reading in some other posts on this web page that you need to do some serious queuing to get on (some?) of the rides, so at least try to avoid weekends and public holidays.

I have no idea about travel passes.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread