Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Food 2017/8/15 14:04
I n my husband will stay at Hiroshima for 1 night.Is there are any halal food for us because we are muslim. or any sea food restaurant u can suggest. If not we will pack our food from osaka. tq for your response
by RIZA (guest)  

Re: Food 2017/8/15 17:40
by Chococo304 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Food 2017/8/17 15:45
https://www.halalgourmet.jp/restaurant/291996?freeword=&q%5Bcategory_i...
This site only list this 1 Indian restaurant but it`s close to the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park so for sightseeing the location is quite good and they have prayer space.

Other than that, or if you`re not planning to go to Peace Memorial Park, you can go to the nearby tourist information center to ask, the ones on the list below says all of them have English speaking staff.
(clicking on the address text takes you to google maps)
http://visithiroshima.net/list_of_tourist_information_centers.html
by DQ28 rate this post as useful

Re: Food 2017/8/18 00:04
There should also be myriads of seafood restaurants in Hiroshima. Just check out on Tabelog or a similar web page.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Food 2017/8/18 04:34
I guess it would be really difficult to find a Sushi restaurant in Japan.
by Kenshiro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Food 2017/8/18 08:34
I guess it would be really difficult to find a Sushi restaurant in Japan.

Unfortunately if you`re a strict Muslim
anything containing even a hint of alcohol is also prohibited,
which includes cooking sake, mirin and vinegars (sushi vinegars also).

Seafood is indeed the safest protein.
However for example seafood pasta or grilled scallop
which would theoretically be safe to eat,
if it was cooked using white wine then nope.
by DQ28 rate this post as useful

Re: Food 2017/8/18 22:08
Oh i did not know, thanks for the info. Well you could still eat Sashimi though. Man must be horrible if you cannot eat that super delicious Nigiri just because there is vinegar in it.
by Kenshiro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Food 2017/8/18 22:28
Is yakiniku a possible alternative / addition? You could order I guess beef and vegetables and grill it. Also toriyaki should be fine, right? Just chicken or is there maybe something in the sauce that is off limits...
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Food 2017/8/18 23:50
Is yakiniku a possible alternative

You don't really get it. Meat (whatever meat it is) need to halal. Meaning ? The poor animal must have been "slaughtered" a certain way with some praying included. Pork is of course excluded.

My advice? Look for Singaporean or Malaysian Cup Noodle like...they are labeled halal.

Bon appétit!
by Gaby (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread