Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Himeji-Kurashiki in a day? 2017/8/16 10:55
I would like to visit Himeji Castle and then onward to Kurashiki (canal district) as a day trip from my hotel in Osaka. Can that be done or should I have a day for each? Thanks.
by Chris (guest)  

Re: Himeji-Kurashiki in a day? 2017/8/16 11:55
It is doable in one day from Osaka.
by Minami (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Himeji-Kurashiki in a day? 2017/8/16 15:09
Sounds like a good plan. I was surprised how small the canal area is but the art museums there make it worthwhile.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Himeji-Kurashiki in a day? 2017/8/17 19:53
With just the castle in Himeji, it's definitely doable to spend the rest of the day in Kurashiki. Kurashiki has a lot of small museums in addition to the Ohara Museum. It's one of the largest historic districts with more than one street of historic buildings, although the canal area is the main area.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Himeji-Kurashiki in a day? 2017/8/17 21:53
As @RabbitYama says there is more than the main canal area in Kurashiki. I was disappointed until I discovered the museums. I'm now a big fan of Kojiro Torajima :)

Re: Himeji-Kurashiki in a day? 2017/8/28 02:59
Hi, i live in Kurashikishi,here is nice .
not noisy, comfortable,,so much country side.
maybe you can travel in a day.

if you have a time, you should visit Kouraku garden.
It is Japanese traditional garden.so nice.
Kurashikishi bikan area is also nice place too.
and if you have time,Naoshima island.
Naoshima art island is good place too,
you typing on internet Naoshima,you can see good picture on site.
Have a good vacation!

by shizukammy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Himeji-Kurashiki in a day? 2017/8/28 11:46
I liked Kurashiki when we visited in May this year - we stayed the night. There was more than enough for several hours exploring even though the area is small. For example, my guests liked the shrine on the hill and we didn't get to any of the several museums (art museum looks interesting).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Himeji-Kurashiki in a day? 2017/8/28 15:43
Kurashiki does need you to do a little work, in that not everything is obvious & you have to find things. That is not meant as a criticism btw. The Ohara art museum is surprisingly excellent. I would expect some of the pieces to be in much larger better known museums.

reply to this thread