Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

shinjuku to tsukiji 2017/8/16 14:51
hi
i will be going tokyo in feb18.
will take train from shinjuku to tsukiji market. may i know whether do tsukiji station have any lift service from platform to exit as my parents are on wheelchair.
by jensim77  

Re: shinjuku to tsukiji 2017/8/16 15:35
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: shinjuku to tsukiji 2017/8/16 15:39
In this video @ about 7:33 mark when getting off the train at Tsukiji Sta. the sign says Elevator (Lift) to Upper Level is to the left. Escalator and stairs to the right.

I don't where the elevator is located. Because when I followed the video (escalator/stairs part all the way to the top) I didn't recall seeing the elevator around that exit. But again, I wasn't looking.
by hibell77 rate this post as useful

Re: shinjuku to tsukiji 2017/8/16 15:50
It seems to be accessible: http://www.japan-accessible.com/transport/metro/tokyo.htm

I am not sure what happens if someone accompanies a person on a wheelchair, but normally all wheelchair users are helped by station staff. I would not be surprised to see that they will insist to help, even if you are there with your parents and would think that you could do it perfectly on your own. See more info here:

https://www.accessible-japan.com/riding-train-subway-japan-wheelchair/

I guess you will need to plan some extra time, but as the web page says, there will be station staff waiting for you at the destination. I would expect that if there is any works on the elevator of your destination station that the departure station staff would already know and let you know.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: shinjuku to tsukiji 2017/8/17 08:22
You are going to the outer market area only - right?
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: shinjuku to tsukiji 2017/8/17 10:57
Shinjuku Nishiguchi station(station number E-01) - Tsukiji Shijo station(E-18) by Toei-Oedo line, 21 mins, 270 yen.

All stations on Toei-Oedo line have lift and handicap toiletry service.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread