Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiroshima to Kyushu (Round) Query 2017/8/18 12:40
Hi all,

I've managed to book flights to Hiroshima from 04 to 13 Nov. However, I'm aiming Kyushu for my vacation. I prefer a very slow vacation this time round. Will be bringing my DSLR for some shooting.

This is a brief outline, what are your views?
Day 1 - Arrival at Hiroshima, travel to Nagasaki
Day 2 to 4 - Nagasaki (my base is in Nagasaki as I'll be staying with a friend)
Day 5 - Nagasaki to Mount Aso (Round)
Day 6 - Nagasaki to Fukuoka (Round)
Day 7 - No plans yet
Day 8 - Depart Nagasaki to Miyajimaguchi, Hiroshima
Day 9 - Miyajima
Day 10 - Morning Departure from Hiroshima Airport

With this itinerary. I suppose it's wise to purchase a JR pass? Which type of JR pass should I get? Should I top up with a SunQ pass as well?

Thanks in advance!
by aliciazone  

Re: Hiroshima to Kyushu (Round) Query 2017/8/18 16:21
Check below JR Kyushu web site for various passes and latest route closure info (it's been raining a lot in Kyushu this year).
http://www.jrkyushu.co.jp/english/index.html
by aiko ment (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima to Kyushu (Round) Query 2017/8/18 16:34
I just found another pass Sanyo-San'in-Northern Kyushu Pass.
http://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/ssnk/index.pdf
It's valid for 7 days, so it cannot be used for the entire duration of your stay. But it may still be worthwhile.
by aiko ment (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima to Kyushu (Round) Query 2017/8/18 16:48
Nagasaki to Mt Aso isn't a wise choice for a day trip. IT is somewhere between a 4-5 hours trip one way using public transport. Maybe 2-3 hours by car.

Also Fukuoka is 2 hours away by train or bus. Seems weird to do Fukuoka as a day trip when you pass it twice getting to and from Nagasaki.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread