Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travelling between Karuizawa & Tokyo 2017/8/20 15:52
Hi,

I'll be travelling to Tokyo for 11 days in December. I would like to travel from Haneda Airport to Karuizawa, Karuizawa to Ikebukuro. May I know which is the best mode of transport or is there any suitable pass to buy?

My itinery : -
29 Nov to 2 Dec - Karuizawa Ski Resort
Kumoba Pond
Shiraito Falls

2 Dec to 9 Dec - Ikebukuro
Sunshine City
Disneyland
Ueno Park
Odaiba
Yoyogi

Thank you.
by Reg98  

Re: Travelling between Karuizawa & Tokyo 2017/8/21 01:41
May I know which is the best mode of transport or is there any suitable pass to buy?

I think rail travel would be a great option.

You don't need any pass for your relaxed pacing.
by Faiyez rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling between Karuizawa & Tokyo 2017/8/21 13:35
The JR Horuriku Shinkansen leaves from Tokyo and stops at Karuizawa on route to Kanazawa. They have a very regular timetable. Journey takes between 65 - 80 minutes . As well buses go from Ikebukuro Station , they take 3 hours. You need to cost it out to see if a JR pass would be economical, remembering travel around Tokyo is not necessarily on JR, but private railway companies.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling between Karuizawa & Tokyo 2017/8/21 15:31
There is a slight saving if you cut your Karuizawa trip to 3 days by using the \10,000 JR Tokyo Wide Pass http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_06.html (vs normal shinkansen Tokyo - Karuizawa - Tokyo \12,220)
by Tyc (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread