Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ironing service in Tokyo (in-house or not) 2017/8/21 05:23
Looking for ironing service. I don't need clothes to be washed or folded just ironed. Anyone knows how to get that done at reasonable prices? Happy to drop off and collect in Shibuya-ku or Shinjuku.
by Abby7  

Re: ironing service in Tokyo (in-house or not) 2017/8/21 10:58
For at home service check out Tasukaji web page.
https://taskaji.jp/

They have an English web page and you can book some one for ironing. Prices depend on each cleaner and if you are asking for a regular service or one off.
You also need to pay transportation.

Otherwise just ask at your local dry cleaner. There are hundreds around.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: ironing service in Tokyo (in-house or not) 2017/8/22 15:59
Most laundries, in other words dry cleaning stores, will do it for you.

But I stopped ironing ever since I discovered that almost all modern clothing can get its wrinkles rid of by wetting it and then hanging it neatly while it's soaking wet.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: ironing service in Tokyo (in-house or not) 2017/8/22 17:38
Thank you both for the information. I tried a dry cleaner near me and they said it wasn't possible to do ironing only but I'll try a few more. Last post about hanging clothes soaking wet really interesting. I'll definitely try.
by Abby7 rate this post as useful

Re: ironing service in Tokyo (in-house or not) 2017/8/22 19:32
If you can tell us which part of Japan you are accessible to, perhaps someone can do a search for you. For example, I Googled the key phrase アイロンだけをやってくれるクリーニング店 and found the following store.
http://fujiya-cleaning.com/voice/365

Since they claim that ironing-only is possible for them because they do everything inside the store, you might be more successful by looking for a small family-run place with machinery. But do try the wet hanging. You can hang them in your bathing room or on your balcony. It works wonders.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: ironing service in Tokyo (in-house or not) 2017/8/28 22:10
Thanks. Shibuya-ku.
by Abby7 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread