Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Location near Tokyo Station 2017/8/21 07:46
I will be arriving Narita Aiport and will take a JR Train to Hakodate two days later. I am looking for a hotel which is close to the Tokyo Station, please advise which district is the best choice and it will be great if you can recommend one to me.

Thank you.
Mama Han from Canada
by Mama Han  

Re: Location near Tokyo Station 2017/8/21 09:33
Such easy Q, Google MAP knows.
https://goo.gl/maps/ejYJeCL6PR92
Depends on date and budget.

Around JR Tokyo station is one of business town, so it is quiet at late night.
(Except near Metropolitan Expressway, but noise protection very good)
by GiMs (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Location near Tokyo Station 2017/8/21 14:00
What's your budget?

If you're willing to spend the money, there is the Tokyo Station Hotel which is literally on part of Tokyo Station. It is a luxury hotel, but you can't beat the location and the service is superb.

On a tighter budget, years ago I stayed at the Center Hotel which is a short walk from Tokyo Station. If you're going to be heading to Hakodate, I imagine most trains will also stop at Ueno so you could also look for a hotel near there. Ueno tends to be cheaper than the Tokyo Station area.

There are a lot more places to eat near Tokyo Station than there were a few years ago. It's quiet but there is definitely now more places to eat there after dark than when I stayed at the Center Hotel. There are a few buildings with a lot of restaurants in them on the Marounochi side. Things seemed to be open relatively late.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Location near Tokyo Station 2017/8/21 14:47

If you do not mind small room, but near Tokyo station and very close to Daimaru, check this out:
https://www.toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00269/index.html
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Location near Tokyo Station 2017/8/21 14:53
I'd second Tokyo Station Hotel. We've stayed a few times and the architecture and fitout is first class, and the breakfast room upstairs (make sure you get a breakfast included package) is truly spectacular, just mind boggling. There is a nice bar that serves reasonably priced light meals as well.

The drawback is that the area is deadly boring.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Location near Tokyo Station 2017/8/21 16:22
Chuo Ward is unknown and hence has cheaper options within Tokyo, yet so close to Tokyo Station. A few hotels I have used:-

Hotel Nihonbashi Villa
Toyoko Inn Akihabara Kanda
Hotel Mystays Kanda
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Location near Tokyo Station 2017/8/22 05:02
I don't know @Lazy Pious, I don't think it's as boring as it use to be. Though to be fair, staying up late to me is 10:00 pm in Japan and I'm not interested in going to bars or clubs.

The breakfasts at the Tokyo Station Hotel are the best I've ever had in Japan and the selection is ridiculous. I usually just buy them a la carte since I don't necessarily want a huge breakfast every day. I think breakfast starts around 6, and tends to be emptier then. Around 8 it was much busier and we needed to wait and we once went 45 minutes before breakfast ended and it was very quiet.

Bell services will meet your NEX and take your luggage to your room and when you leave bell services will take your bags to the NEX/shinkansen/even local trains. It's spoiled me for other hotels lol I've not stayed anywhere yet that compares.

by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Location near Tokyo Station 2017/8/22 05:30
4 nights at the Tokyo Station Hotel is more than twice my entire hotel costs for a 16-day Japan trip I've set up with Toyoko Inn. I don't like all the attention and all I need is a bed, bathroom, desk and television. And outlets, of course! And I'm usually out the door before breakfast is served....
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread