Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transfer from Hanzomon Line to Tozai Line 2017/8/22 15:19
I need to transfer from Hanzomon Line to Tozai Line with luggage. Between Kudanshita and Otemachi Stations, which of the station give faster transfer (Shorter walk between the lines + accessibility of elevator)?

Tq, mel
by Melanie Putra (guest)  

Re: Transfer from Hanzomon Line to Tozai Line 2017/8/22 18:05
Where are your starting point and destination?
What stations do you go between?

- Tokyo Subway Route Map with station codes
http://www.tokyometro.jp/lang_en/station/rosen_en_1702.pdf

Between Kudanshita and Otemachi Stations,
which of the station give faster transfer
(Shorter walk between the lines + accessibility of elevator)?

You can make a quicker transfer in Kudanshita Station, from (Z-06) to (T-07).
: When you take an eastbound train on the Tozai Line,
you can go up to the platform totally by elevator or escalator.
: When you take a westbound train on the Tozai Line,
(unless you once go out to the ground,)
you have to use at least one staircase to get to the platform,

- Map (in Japanese) of subway Kudanshita Stations (S-05, Z-06, T-07)
http://www.tokyometro.jp/station/yardmap_img/_station_%E4%B9%9D%E6%AE%...
: Here major passenger facilities for Tozai Line are situated separately in two parts,
depending on the directions of trains.
: Only staircases connect directly the two parts.
: The concourse for Tozai Line's eastbound track is accessible by elevator.
: The concourse for Tozai Line's westbound track is accessible only by staircase from the lower concourse.

- Map (in Japanese) of subway Otemcahi Stations (I-09, C-11, T-09, M-18, Z-08)
http://www.tokyometro.jp/station/yardmap_img/_station_%E5%A4%A7%E6%89%...

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer from Hanzomon Line to Tozai Line 2017/8/23 14:41
Hi Omotenashi,

I plan to go from Oshiage to Seibu Shinjuku. Thus can take Hanzomon Line then change to Tozai for Takadanobaba. Here change to Seibu Shinjuku Line for Seibu Shinjuku Station. We will be carrying luggage, thus need to find fastest and route with elevator/escalator. It need to be fast since we want to get to Seibu Shinjuku for our dinner at Negishi Kabukicho (LO 21:30). Actually don't need to be this branch but it's the nearest to our hotel (Toyoko Inn Shinjuku Kabukicho).
We will only arrive at Tokyo Skytree Station at 19:15 (Coming from Tobu Nikko). We know we need to walk through the Skytree complex to Oshiiage Station.

So if you have another FASTER & REQUIRING NO CLIMBING route recommendation for us to go from Oshiage/Asakusa Stations to Higashi Shinjuku/Seibu Shinjuku Stations (with a stop-over for dinner at a Negishi restaurant, it'll be greatly appreciated!

TQ, Mel
by Melanie Putra rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer from Hanzomon Line to Tozai Line 2017/8/23 17:59
by Anmazti (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer from Hanzomon Line to Tozai Line 2017/8/23 19:53
But I want to get the Tobu Nikko City Pass. It requires train ride back to Asakusa/Tokyo Skytree..

Re: Transfer from Hanzomon Line to Tozai Line 2017/8/24 11:09
the Tobu Nikko City Pass. It requires train ride back to Asakusa

Don't get off at the skytree station.

Arrive at Asakusa and get the Ginza line to Akasaka-Mistuke, transfer (directly across the platform) to the Marunouchi line to Shinjuku. That is pretty easy.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer from Hanzomon Line to Tozai Line 2017/8/24 12:22
Thanks, that sounds good.. I was looking at that last night. There is a Negishi on the 7/F of Keio Frente Building, which I read, can be accessed by elevator at exit B2 of the Shinjuku-Sanchome Station. Means I get off Marunouchi Line at Shinjuku-Sanchome, grab dinner, then catch the Fukutoshin Line to Higashi-Shinjuku Station (Nearest Station to Toyoko Inn Shinjuku Kabukicho).
Hopefully the lift at exit B2 really access directly to the 7th floor of Keio Frente Building, where Negishi Restaurant is, and the don't mind us turning up with our mid size luggage (2 pieces) 😝

Tq, Mel

reply to this thread