Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel time between stations, Subashiri 2017/8/28 19:41
We're planning to climb Mt. Fuji on the Subashiri Trail near the end of the season.

Has anyone climbed the Subashiri Trail? I'm looking to get info on the travel times between stations as we're planning to arrive at the summit just before sunrise.

I have a rough idea of how long it takes from the 5th station as a whole (from various websites) but we're planning on resting along the way and want an idea of how long it takes to travel between stations.

Thanks in advance.
by SwiftyRich  

Re: Travel time between stations, Subashiri 2017/8/29 07:42
On average, Subashiri trail will take 6-7 hours as you ascending, 3 hours as you descending include brief resting.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Travel time between stations, Subashiri 2017/8/29 10:34
It depends on whether you will visit on a weekend or weekday. When we took the Subashiri trail it took us about 7 hours to get to the top from the 5th station but we had to wait in line for almost 1 hour near the top of the mountain. If you go on a weekday it shouldn't be nearly as crowded, but it also depends on your own pace; some members of our group took almost 8 hours.
by Gigi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel time between stations, Subashiri 2017/8/30 00:12
September is the best time to climb Mt.Fuji both day and night.
But many huts close on 9/10(sat) this year and don't open in night
for few climbers on Subashiri trail.
Before 9/10,I think you can buy fast hot meal/drink at original 8th station,
(junction of Subashiri and Yoshida trail)
but after 9/11,no guarantee.
If you have thermos,I recommend hot drink with you.
Anyway, prepare for winter condition.
Don't forget gloves!!
by fuji trekker (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel time between stations, Subashiri 2017/8/30 01:24
Thanks for all the replies, all very helpful!

I've found a pic of the route broken down in to parts, even showing the parts in between the stations, if anyone is interested, it's here: http://www.garyjwolff.com/which-subashiri-trail-mountain-hut-would-be-...
by SwiftyRich rate this post as useful

reply to this thread