Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

New Chitose early morning transport 2017/9/3 03:32
Hi everyone, I have a 7:30AM flight at New Chitose airport. After browsing for a while, it seems that the earliest train/bus arriving at the airport is about 6:56AM, which I think would be too late. I'm planning to stay at a hotel nearby the airport and using taxi to get there.

Is it easy to book a taxi on Chitose early morning? Do you guys have any other tips to make sure I can catch the flight?
by paristonhill  

Re: New Chitose early morning transport 2017/9/3 08:39
The earliest train from Sapporo arrives at the airport at 6:51. That is just about early enough for a domestic flight (a little risky if you have check-in baggage), but would be too late for an international flight. There is a hotel inside the airport. I often use it. Very convenient!

Air Terminal Hotel:
https://www.booking.com/hotel/jp/air-terminal.html?aid=371183
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: New Chitose early morning transport 2017/9/3 08:48
Bus/train arrival times are the way they are for a reason. If earlier services were needed, there would be some.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: New Chitose early morning transport 2017/9/3 12:40
I think baggage checkin is necessary, so taxi may be the best option. Can I book a taxi from the night before?
by paristonhill rate this post as useful

Re: New Chitose early morning transport 2017/9/4 15:32
If you are staying in a hotel you can have them make a taxi reservation for you. You could call and schedule one yourself too, but probably only in Japanese.
by Gigi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: New Chitose early morning transport 2017/9/4 17:08

I think baggage checkin is necessary, so taxi may be the best option.

Would not it be easier to stay at Air Terminal Hotel as suggested by Uji? You could just walk to the check-in counter then.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: New Chitose early morning transport 2017/9/5 02:57
If you are staying in a hotel you can have them make a taxi reservation for you. You could call and schedule one yourself too, but probably only in Japanese.

Yes I hope the hotel receptionist could be relied on since I'm pretty sure the hotel that I will book has a lot of foreign tourists.

Would not it be easier to stay at Air Terminal Hotel as suggested by Uji? You could just walk to the check-in counter then.

Unfortunately all rooms are booked on my schedule, so I have to find nearest hotel to stay. Looks like the nearest hotel is about 5km from the airport. As long as I can book a taxi, I think everything would be fine.
by paristonhill rate this post as useful

reply to this thread