Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shin-Kobe Ropeway +/- Akashi Kaikyo Bridge 2017/9/6 16:36
My family and I are getting a Japan Rail Pass which will cover our trip from Osaka to Kobe.

We are exploring the attractions near Sannomiya JR station which we can do by walking.

We are also considering going to Shin-Kobe Ropeway and Akashi Kaikyo Bridge.

What would be the best way to pay for my trip from Sannomiya Station to Shin-Kobe Ropeway?
- Ticket (Kobe Meguri 1-Day coupon vs Subway & Bus Day Pass) or
- IC card (Pasmo vs Suica)

Which of the following ticket/card options will also cover my trip to Akashi Kaikyo Bridge?

Thank you.
by Audrey (guest)  

Re: Shin-Kobe Ropeway +/- Akashi Kaikyo Bridge 2017/9/8 04:26
From Sannomiya station to Shin Kobe (for the ropeway), you can take the subway Seishin Yamate Line.
From Sannomiya station to the bridge, you can take the local JR train and get off at Maiko station.
If you already have an IC card, then use it. Otherwise, for above two trips only, it is not worth the trouble - just buy individual tickets at vending machines.

If you want to see the rest of Kobe, the 1-day Kobe Meguri bus is a great way to do it. It does go to Shin Kobe station, but it does not go to the bridge.

by UCC (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread