Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Easy to get Breakfast at Takayama 2017/9/12 21:56
hi, my family planning to stay at Takayama in dec, as i booked my hotel stay without breakfast, i like to ask will it be easy to get to a shop or eat house for our breakfast in Takayama?

Thanks
by buzzmario  

Re: Easy to get Breakfast at Takayama 2017/9/13 15:13
It's about a decade since I was in Takayama so thing will have changed. It's a small town & I didn't find many places for breakfast. There was a restaurant/cafe at the train station in the JTB building which I ended up using and was fine. I remember looking at an egg for ages trying to work out if it was raw or cooked before I got up the courage to find out. It was hard boiled :)
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Easy to get Breakfast at Takayama 2017/9/13 15:24
You could always get something at the local conbini and eat in your rooms, if you don't find a coffee shop to your liking.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Easy to get Breakfast at Takayama 2017/9/13 15:27
if I were you, I would do two things:

1- read all the reviews about the hotel in sites like tripadvisor, booking.com, expedia, agoda, etc..., because some reviewers mention nearby facilities, cafes and restaurants such as 711, bakeries, etc..
2- check the hotel in google maps and see pictures of it and the street in which it is located, you can move around in the street view map to see nearby buildings, streets, etc..

otherwise, if you state the name of the hotel you booked in Takayama, someone who may have stayed in it or near it could advise you.
by ----- (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Easy to get Breakfast at Takayama 2017/9/13 15:33
You can always ask the hotel staff about the nearby place where you can have breakfast. Don't forget to ask when the shop/restaurant opens. On the net, you can find informations but most of them are in Japanese. Anyway you don't need to worry about your breakfast.

https://retty.me/area/PRE21/ARE306/PUR42/
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Easy to get Breakfast at Takayama 2017/9/13 21:59
Don's is good for breakfast.

There are other cafes around too, and even MacDonalds if you are after a tasty muffin and reasonable coffee (and no, maccas in Japan is not like everywhere else).

And the combini is an option.

If your hotel has breakfast, you can just get it as an extra - some places charge silly amounts, others not so bad.

by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Easy to get Breakfast at Takayama 2017/9/13 23:41
hi i am staying at rickshaw inn, it does provide breakfast, but from the review, it seem to be simple english breakfast. so any idea any food house or low budget restaurant for breakfast near by? thanks
by buzzmario rate this post as useful

Re: Easy to get Breakfast at Takayama 2017/9/14 08:10
Most of the cafe/restaurants open after 9:00, but Fujimiya (二四三屋)opens at 6:00 or 7:00 (in winter).

https://retty.me/area/PRE21/ARE306/SUB30601/100000812927/map/

You can buy 80 yen Dango (made from rice powder). Normally we buy several dangos at a time. In general, eating on the street is bad manner in Japan, but I think it is allowed in this area.

Re: Easy to get Breakfast at Takayama 2017/9/14 08:27
Kajibashi Shokudo

https://tabelog.com/gifu/A2104/A210401/21000777/dtlmap/

opens at 6 and you can eat some set menu from 600 yen.

reply to this thread