Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is Tamagawa Hot Spring a mixed onsen? 2017/9/15 15:32
does anyone know if Tamagawa Hot Spring is a gender mixed onsen? I read in some (very old) book that it would be the case, but is it still actual? I cant find information on their webpage nor did a first google search help me to answer this question
by Glimpigumpi  

Re: Is Tamagawa Hot Spring a mixed onsen? 2017/9/15 17:41
There is a free, mixed outdoor bath, but it is *quite* exposed.

http://konyoku.tvlplus.net/repo/akita/tama.html

However, the ryokan offers private rental baths, which may be a good option.
by Gigi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Tamagawa Hot Spring a mixed onsen? 2017/9/15 20:11
very exposed, there is a walk path near by where people can see you as they walk. there is only one ryokan, so it's best to make reservation earlier.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Is Tamagawa Hot Spring a mixed onsen? 2017/9/15 20:21
I wondered about the indoor bath in the ryokan.
e.g. this one: http://goinjapanesque.com/wpos/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/tamagawa-ons...

anyone has been in there?
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Is Tamagawa Hot Spring a mixed onsen? 2017/9/15 20:30
btw: i indented to stay as a day trip there, but do you think
* that it might get boring soon (i love onsen though and i considered some walking to the onsens over the mountain)
* that is it more some "old" and "sick" people resort? i read on various places, that only the sick and ill go there... not that i would really mind that (feeling myself old some times) just wondering if that is really the case

Re: Is Tamagawa Hot Spring a mixed onsen? 2017/9/19 10:20
No, the indoor bath is not mixed gender. But you can rent smaller private baths which a group is able to use as they like.

As for whether it will be interesting or not, that depends on your own personal tastes. And as to whether it will be full of elderly people, why does it matter? I assume that because you were asking about mixed-gender bathing you are traveling with a friend or group who you would like to share the onsen with, right? If you are using onsen as a chance to scout for a potential romantic partner just be warned that that will probably be perceived as quite creepy by most of the people there.
by Gigi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Tamagawa Hot Spring a mixed onsen? 2017/9/19 15:29
no, gigi, it is not about "interest". it is just, that i travel with some young people, who dont like the idea of a gender mixed bath, so they would prefer separated area. since i intended to stay in this area, i was wondering if the big beautiful indoor bath would fullfill this requirement, cause it seems it was not so long ago a mixed one even indoor (at least in the book "road to sata", which appeared 1985).

reply to this thread