Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how to find people 2005/4/23 01:38
how can i find a person in japan, there are no white page listings?
by heather  

finding people in Japan 2005/6/22 02:45
I have no idea, and it's driving me demented!
by Martin rate this post as useful

Hello Page 2005/6/22 08:29
It's not true that there are no white pages in Japan, as that is what the "Hello Page" is. It is true though that few people opt to be listed, so it will be difficult/impossible to find someone's phone number if they are not listed.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

hello page? 2005/6/22 09:56
where do i find the hello page?
by heather rate this post as useful

Hello Page 2005/6/22 10:25
Heather,

NTT subscribers get a copy delivered free every year, or else you can find copies in phone boxes, libraries, and NTT offices.
I don't think the service is provided online, though, so if you are outside Japan, you are out of luck.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

I'm also going nuts 2005/7/31 09:18
I'm also going nuts trying to find a friend in Saitama.
If anyone has access to the Hello, his name is Takashi Murohashi
Aregato
by Ruben rate this post as useful

Did you find him? 2006/11/22 04:29
Ruben, did you get any luck?
by tadd rate this post as useful

possible solutiong 2007/4/12 22:18
I have found a toll free number for NTT east information (the telecommunications provider in Japan). They may be able to provide you with the equivalent of directory assistance for private telephone numbers in japan , in english. See below for their contact details and ensure you are calling during local business hours.

NTT East Information
NTT East Information is a telephone information service for non-Japanese speakers. English and other language operators are available for any questions or comments regarding NTT East.

0120-364-463 (toll free)
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
(closed Holidays and New Year's Holidays)
by dragon9blue rate this post as useful

Did anyone find out if this works 2007/9/11 02:44
I do not have an answer to any of this but I was wondering if anyone tried this toll free number and if it worked. Please let me know because I am looking for a friend in Japan.
by April rate this post as useful

reply to this thread