Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Age limits for Shibuya O-east? 2006/4/17 09:18
I'm going to be in Japan for most the month of June and I wanted to goto a few concerts but then I took note that these places had bars. So does anyone know the age restrictions for Shibuya O-East, Liquid room Ebisu, and Esaka Muse? This would help me out sooo much!

Thank you!
by Paradox  

.. 2006/4/17 15:52
The legal age in Japan is 20.

Enforcement is LAX, but yes there is a age limit on the books.
by .. rate this post as useful

age limits 2006/4/17 17:15
in my experience, the bars are fine, but most clubs these days have 'ID checks' where you need to show id to get in. You need to be over 20.
by mark rate this post as useful

18? 2006/4/17 22:13
Since O-East is offering jobs to those 18 yrs old or older, I assume that if you're 18 you can enter the club. In fact, I see a lot of bars and clubs limited for 18 and over, but never 20. However, you need to be 20 yrs old to drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes.
by Uco rate this post as useful

hmm... 2006/6/28 15:35
So, does this mean that you can not go to see a concert at Shibuya-O East if you are below the age of 18, or you can not enter the bar area?
by Chekku rate this post as useful

Livehouse... 2007/12/30 21:00
Shibuya O-EAST and O-WEST are livehouses, aren't they? I've been there as a livehouse, but I've never been there just as a club... If you mean to see a band play then yes, you can enter even if you're under 18.
Even then, I've bought alcohol at lives before. Generally aslong as you look about 20 you'll be fine ^^; I don't in NZ, but I do here...
by Lie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread