Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus Scheduling Kanazawa-Shirakawago 2006/7/24 10:33
I´m thinking about overnight at Shirakawago, arriving and returning from Kanazawa, so I wondering If someone knows the timetable for buses between Kanazawa-Shirakawago-Kanazawa. Thanks.
by Cesar de la Cruz  

... 2006/7/24 17:30
According to the current timetable (valid until Nov 30, 2006):

08:40 Kanazawa
09:55 Shirakawago

14:40 Kanazawa
15:55 Shirakawago

11:15 Shirakawago
12:30 Kanazawa

17:05 Shirakawago
18:20 Kanazawa

Offical website:
http://www.nouhibus.co.jp/a0_bus/teiki/sirakawago_exp.htm
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2006/8/3 12:13
Thanks for the answer ...
I'm just back from an overnight there and it is really really worth going and staying overnight! It is the best place I have ever been in Japan (three years of travelling around).
by Kieran rate this post as useful

question 2006/9/10 05:22
why was it such a pleasant exp? I will be in kanazawa in oct and am interested. thank you
by DON rate this post as useful

Takayama - Shirakawago - Kanazawa bus? 2007/7/4 01:25
I have been told to take this route by bus.
We are going to be there on 16th July.
Can anyone tell me timetable for these buses and how to make a reservation?
Thanks a lot !
by Eduardo rate this post as useful

thank you and 2007/7/4 02:30
Thank you Uij for the information. Hoping not to overburden you - we are intending to take a bus from Kanazawa to Takayama, thus what you presented appears to answer also our question about the first leg of our journey, if you could help us with the language on how to read ourt the possibilities for the second leg, that would be incredibly kind of you.
by hoping to visit rate this post as useful

... 2007/7/5 09:05
http://www.nouhibus.co.jp/a0_bus/teiki/sirakawago_exp.htm

The upper table is in direction of Kanazawa. The lower one in the opposite direction.

高山
濃飛
バス
セン
ター
means Takayama Hida Bus Center

白川郷
means Shirakawago

金沢
駅前
means Kanazawa Station

Reservations can be made by phone (0577-32-1688) or at the bus terminal or through travel agencies or convenience stores in Japan.

Thank you Uji ! 2007/7/6 01:22
by Eduardo rate this post as useful

Thank you 2007/7/6 07:46
Thank you Uji from us too! You are very kind!
by hoping to visit rate this post as useful

bus time table in English 2007/7/6 09:17
To hoping to visit
www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/rtg/pdf/pg-409.pdf
go to the last page and you will find the bus time table in English

However, I do have a question about reservation -
How soon do you have to book?
If we book the bus from Tokyo on a Wednesday( 26 Sept,1st day arrival in Japan) to trave on the following Monday from Kanazawa to Shirakawa-go, would this be ok ? or do we have to book before we we leave home?
I have already booked the accommodation in Shirakawa-go and don't want to miss the bus connection to get there.

I would appreciate if anyone can help me with this
by bobo rate this post as useful

... 2007/7/6 14:27
To hoping to visit
www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/rtg/pdf/pg-409.pdf
go to the last page and you will find the bus time table in English

I am afraid the timetable does not include Kanazawa. Nor is it accurate. Seems to be out-of-date. The link that I provided is complete and up-to-date.

How soon do you have to book?

I mentioned it at the bottom of my previous post.

If we book the bus from Tokyo on a Wednesday( 26 Sept,1st day arrival in Japan) to trave on the following Monday from Kanazawa to Shirakawa-go, would this be ok ? or do we have to book before we we leave home?

The bus very rarely gets booked out. It is usually okay to make the reservation just before boarding. September 26 should not be crowded.

thanks Uji 2007/7/27 19:12
Thanks for any piece of information. Very useful. That's exactly what I was looking for. I will arrive in Tokyo on 23th of September and I will go to Shirakawago on 27th. Probably I and my boyfriend will meet bobo, then
by barbara rate this post as useful

reply to this thread