Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is a GED accepted in Japan? 2007/2/27 02:48
Since the value of the GED has greatly increased in the past few years within the USA, I am wondering if it is the same overseas, though I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't. If anyone knows if the GED is widely accepted, or at least partially, by accreditied Japanese universities, please let me know.
by Jesse  

. 2007/2/27 12:35
Well, getting into Japanese universities to begin with is a highly competative thing to do, mind you, you'll also need to speak Japanese at a high level, and possibly pass a few entrance examinations before even being considered. So, I'm sorry to say it maybe a minus. I think you will have a better advantage (if you are US) to go to a local community college or university and build up an academic record that way, and then transfer or exchange into a Japanese university, I think that is probably the best option you would have open.
by John rate this post as useful

my answer 2007/2/27 15:42
Hi currently if i remember correctly universities like TUJ ,sophia, and ICU accept the GED. i am a TUJ student with a GED ... at the post above mine mentioned. I think it is wise to go to a community college first and build a good academic record before applying to a school here in japan. that is what i did. Good Luck!
by Kara rate this post as useful

TUJ 2007/2/27 15:56
Hey Kara, how do you like TUJ? I've been accepted and am supposed to go this fall...
by TheRage800 rate this post as useful

. 2007/2/27 16:06
I'd like to point out that TUJ is not a Japanese Unversity, but a campus of an American University in Japan, thus its admission standards are based on US standards, so you aren't rquired to go through the regular admissions process or need Japanese language skills (entrance exams etc) like you would for a regular Japanese university.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2008/1/12 07:59
The University of Tokyo site says that they accept the equivalant of a high school education I'm pretty sur GED falls under that
by Riku rate this post as useful

Yep. 2008/1/12 12:39
If you visit the websites of various universities under "foreign students" the majority of the time the requirement is just a high school education. So, yes. Of course you'd have to check into your particular college of choice for that.

Some universities require language skills, some don't.
by niko-chan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread