Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

when is wet season in okinawa 2007/5/25 20:48
When is the wet season in Okinawa? Does anyone know of a guesthouse called Ting Guesthouse?
by chris  

... 2007/5/25 23:48
Okinawa is one of the wettest parts of Japan. The driest time of the year is from October to December. There is a "rainy season" in May, but it is not as pronounced as on Honshu.

The sunniest time of the year is from the second half of June through October. Especially July and August.
by Uji rate this post as useful

except 2007/8/20 19:54
this year, when it has been raining almost every day since late July! We had 17 inches in one day last week!!!!
by July/August rate this post as useful

Okinawa climate 2007/8/21 11:07
I thought the rainy season in Okinawa is in September? I am going to Japan and was purposely going to visit Okinawa but the Lonely Planet Book said September is rainy season and that I should go in May! But Uji said the opposite. Now, I may have mistakenly read it??? but I found a better alternative to Okinawa. I am going to Kagoshima and Ibusuki. I hear it is really nice.
by lonely planet book rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/21 19:50
September is typhoon season. May is rainy season.

About typhoons:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2117.html

About the rainy season:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2277.html

The best time to visit Okinawa in terms of weather is from mid June through mid September, especially July. The weather is surprisingly bad during most of the rest of the year, especially from January to March.
by Uji rate this post as useful

weather, whether 2007/8/22 14:25
The fact is that the weather is very variable in Okinawa, but not moreso than most of Japan. I'll venture that Kyushu gets just as many typhoon hits as Okinawa in September and the rest of the year.
by steve rate this post as useful

reply to this thread