Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 33

1 2
next

Sky City 1000? 2004/3/16 13:51
Has anyone heard of this? Do you think foreigners can rent or buy there with or without a visa? How much do you think it would cast for a one to three bed-room apartment there?
Thanks Amy.
by Amy  

. 2004/3/27 13:38
by . rate this post as useful

In Tokyo? 2004/3/27 23:36
The best thing to do is to enquire directly. If you are in Japan and looking for a place to live, but it sounds like it would be pretty hard without a visa because:
1. Without a visa, you don't have a legitimate full time job, and you can't prove you have a steady income.
2. You have noone (like an employer) of standing to vouch for you or be your guarantor.
3. Without ANY visa, you are an illegal alien! (what, are you there on tourist or student visa?)

Now, if you're talking about real estate investment from outside the country, that's different. Don't have experience in that area.
by kyarinchan rate this post as useful

Is it even built? 2004/3/28 14:19
Sky City 1000, is still a conceptual idea I believe. I'm not even sure if they've started construction on such a project.
by OrangeWarp rate this post as useful

Sorry 2004/4/10 03:28
Sky City 1000 is a futuristic concept. It has not been built, and if it does get built it probably won't be finished in our life time. Cool idea though huh?
by Riley rate this post as useful

... 2004/4/10 14:49
http://www.takenaka.co.jp/takenaka_e/superhigh/2skycity/skycity.htm
by RayOfAsh rate this post as useful

SKY CITY 1000 2004/6/3 08:58
The Concept Sky City 1000 has become reality if u din't know. And it will be no longer a concept but with the clean name of SKY CITY 1000. I'll rent a Apartement myself
by G R D rate this post as useful

yeahhh 2004/8/8 22:52
well the city isn't gonna be ready in less than a decade at least but I know ppl will be able to live there before it's finished. And no...it's not reallity...yet. It's a bit risky for Tokyo though and I think that's why it's taking so long. Well am doing a project for university on the sky city so I've gathered info about it. And it's definately cool...
by lil_one rate this post as useful

Sound great 2004/9/11 03:56
Sky City is still under its planning stages. I don't think construction will begin for the next 20-30 years because of how radical the project is. When it does get built though, it will be the greatest engineering project ever constructed by man!
by c2j1 rate this post as useful

Sky City 1000 2004/9/29 05:48
When did the construction begin? I have been searching the net for some time and I can hardly find any information about the Sky City.
by Mike rate this post as useful

As far as I know... 2004/10/20 23:58
As far as I know they are all just concepts and that no ground has been broken. Here is a link to check out...
http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/ci/bu/sk/li/?id=100297&bt=8&ht=2&sro=1
by Rodgar rate this post as useful

Tsurumi ward 2004/10/21 03:54
by i rate this post as useful

i can only guess 2004/11/13 10:42
i can only guess how much an apartment would be there it is already so expensive in japan. Osaka being the most expensive city in the world to live, which is only about a 100 miles from tokyo +-. What i'd like to know of is there any chance i or anyone for the matter could invest in the skycity concept/reality. because who ever invests in that will bell not only a multimillionare but maybe a billionare for life and the life of his/her desendants.
by shaun rate this post as useful

Where is Sky city gonna be built ? 2005/12/28 14:20
Does anyone know precisely where the skycity 1000 is planned to be built in Tokyo ? With such a wide base, it must definitly be far from the main districts
by Thierry rate this post as useful

possible 2006/1/3 11:09
Well its not impossible to build a structure like this at all...

For example, just look at Burj Dubai (which is under construction now and will be finished in 2008) which will be built within 4 years or so...

And where they are gonna put SC 1000?
Maybe they'll create some land for it in tokyo bay. They also planned TRY-2004 (2004 m tall, also concept) which would stand in the water so i guess that SC 1000 would also be located in the water.
by Qu rate this post as useful

what i think 2006/1/14 01:23
it is really cool
by bob heims rate this post as useful

Recycling? 2006/2/4 14:35
A possible idea is that they could take a few years to condemn a large area for th building zone and recycle the materials of the condemned buildings. Lets say that if your house is in the condemned zone, you definetly get your house ''relocated'' into SC 1000 by Japan's government.
by Patrick rate this post as useful

.. 2006/2/4 15:01
Its a proposed project, concept project, sorta like the cars you see at motor shows, concept cars that never in actuality get built, but concepts are later incorporated into later projects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_City_1000

As where to build it, there are many many many options, one idea I think that works is reclaimed land or manmade island, for example, Kansai airport, Chubu Airport, Odaiba Island in tokyo area ll examples of places on reclaimed/manmade islands.
by .. rate this post as useful

DO IT 2006/2/6 05:25
Sky City will Happen. When, depends on when a visionary realizes that it can be done and that these types of projects will begin to happen when the firts one starts. I would love to finance such a project or at least get it started.
Sky City would be the technilogical wonder of the ages. It would be a forum where the latest technoligies could be showcased and displayed in a virtual environment. I remember watching Star Trek as a child. Kirk used DVD's back then. Do you want to see SKy City? I do and hopefully I will.
by Joseph Phillips rate this post as useful

.. 2006/2/6 08:11
Kirk didn't use dvd's he used soemthing similar but not exactly, thats my point, Sky City might not happen, but concepts that would have been it it would probably be applied to future projects.
by .. rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 33

1 2
next

reply to this thread