Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where is the best mochi ice cream shop? 2008/2/10 21:55
Where can I find the most yummy mochi ice cream shop near Shinjuku? Like the type that sells all different flavours?
by cokawaii  

Mochi ice cream 2008/2/11 10:51
Cokawaii,

You should be able to find it in the basement of the larger department stores. Mitsukoshi has it.
Also, "Yukimi daifuku" (ice cream wrapped in mochi) is available at convenience stores.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

mochi cream 2008/2/13 08:40
if you like mochi ice cream, you should try mochi cream! there's one just across the street from Shibuya station (if ur in Tokyo). It is mochi filled with all different flavours (fruit flavours, caramel creme, chocolate pudding, green tea, pumpkin etc) and it tastes awesome! when you buy it it is frozen and you're supposed to let it thaw before eating, but it tastes great frozen as well - just like mochi ice cream!!
by julie rate this post as useful

Shinjuku JR station 2008/4/8 12:40
There's one at Shinjuku JR station. Its at the exit opposite Takahimaya Times Square, which I think its either the South or new South exit. I always get these 2 exits confused. Its near a traffic crossing and there can be a long queue at times.
by Funshine rate this post as useful

Any reccomended shop in Osaka? 2008/4/8 12:58
Any reccommended shop for mochi ice-cream in Osaka?
by mochi lover rate this post as useful

Mochi Shop in Osaka 2009/3/16 16:20
There is a good shop in the Shin Osaka Station. You can buy there 24 different flavors of mochi cream. My girlfriend took it also with her back to Germany. She loves it.
by Andi (guest) rate this post as useful

mochi cream in shinjuku 2009/3/17 00:05
the mochi cream shop in shinjuku would be at the ground floor of shinjuku mylord on the south exit (adjacent to lumine department store) :-) enjoy!
by nami (guest) rate this post as useful

shibuya 2009/4/17 09:06
where is it in shibuya?
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

mochi cream 2009/6/30 16:03
mochi cream shop is also located in akihabara station (dont know which side but close to yokobashi) and its also in terminal 2 narita airport.
by nik (guest) rate this post as useful

update on shinjuky mylord 2009/7/1 21:43
Just FYI... the one in the Shinjuku Mylord seems to be gone. Seriously, finding Mochi Cream is turning into an epic quest. Does anyone know of a Mochi Cream shop that they've seen open in the past month or so? All the ones I knew of have closed!
by kt (guest) rate this post as useful

Mochi Cream Vendors 2009/7/2 03:20
I saw quite a number of them on my last trip but of course I can't remember where they all were. I must confess that I was in a LOT of department store basements. In Shinjuku, maybe Takashimaya (??) Or possibly Isetan? Those two seem to have the most outrageous selections of sweets.

I know for a fact that you can get them in Kichijoji at the big food emporium (Lonlon) that is adjacent to the JR station. I bought some there less than a month ago. (They were mighty good, although I'm not sure I'd go to Kichijoji just to buy them. But Kichijoji is fun for other reasons, too.)
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

Update on MochiCream Shinjuku location 2009/11/15 22:12
This location has been closed. I was there about 2 years ago and in my current visit to Tokyo I wanted to go back but couldn't find it. I stayed in the Hilton in Shinjuku and asked the concierge about and they confirmed to me that the location has been closed. Apparently the next closest location is in Ikebukuro - B1 of the Seibu department store.
by traveller (guest) rate this post as useful

Convenience stores 2010/1/11 08:13
You can get different flavored mochi ice cream from 7-11. I think other convenience stores have them, too.
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

Mochi cream in Tokyo 2010/5/10 01:07
We were in Tokyo beginning of may 2010 and we were searching the Mochicream shops. The one in Ikebukuro is now closed (since Mars). If as us you cannot live without Mochicream, you shall go to AKIHABARA. The shop is near the JR central gate close to the Akiba Kolim department store. Some other shops : ODAIBA Venus fort (3F) and KINSHICHO Olinas (near Ryogoku-city of Sumo)
by Bouchery (guest) rate this post as useful

Out of business?! 2010/10/1 17:57
The mochi cream in Honolulu went out of business around March... I am currently in Tokyo and am wondering if this brand has gone out of business?!?! I will search and let you know if I am able to find any.
by Rickolis (guest) rate this post as useful

is it still dairy icecream 2010/10/3 07:37
I love mochicreams and would like to try the mochi icecream when we are back in a couple of months but can someone tell me is the mochi icecream a dairy cream icecream in the middle?

by Toni (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/10/4 10:45
mochicream and mochi icecream are two different things.
mochicream is a soft mochi with fresh cream and flavoured bean paste inside.
They are sold frozen but it is not ice cream.
http://mochi-cream.sblo.jp/category/227934-1.html

mochi ice cream is literally mochi filled with ice cream, the most popular is "yukimi daifuku" by Lotte. They are sold at supermarkets also at small shops selling ice cream.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukimi_Daifuku
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread