Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

White Pages in Japan? 2004/4/23 09:09
Hey everyone! I am a girl living in the U.S. My best friend has gone to Japan, and its been months and I have recieved no word on where she is! Can anyone point out some helpful sites for telephone numbers?
by Sonya S.  

i dont understand 2004/4/23 13:31
you dont know where your friend live in ? and her or his adress in japan? and telephone number?
by masamune rate this post as useful

You can dial 104 but... 2004/4/23 18:15
You can dial 104 but they can only give info about people who have registered their phone number, and most individuals don't register their phone numbers.

If your friend is "missing", you should contact the police. If she's not, IMHO I think it's normal for a traveller to not contact friends for a few months. They'd be too busy and excited with their new life.

Hope you can contact your friend soon.
by Uco rate this post as useful

good question: "phonebook" website? 2004/5/4 21:05
Hello all,

I'm in the same situation as the person who put the question here: is there any ''White Pages'', any ''directory'' online on the web? Somewhere where one could type the name of a person living in Japan, eventually the name of the city he/she is living in and then you get his/her address & phone number.
Thanks for your answers!
Sasti
by Sasti rate this post as useful

White Pages in Japan 2004/6/23 05:34
I am trying to locate the following person and if anyone in Japan has a telephone directory I would appreciate your help.
by Brenda rate this post as useful

looking for a friend 2004/9/16 20:03
Hello I'm also looking for a friend. His name is Sean Archer. He went to Japan to teach english 5 years ago and I have not heard from him ever since. I am try to locate him. Can anyone help me find him in japan. I try white pages but they don't have them for japan.
Thanks
by vega rate this post as useful

white pages in Japan? 2004/9/17 01:29
'm in the same situation.I'm looking for a friend who moved to Sapporo.
what should I dial to get information with an operator? I live in USA.
Thanks for your help.
by Barbara Foglia rate this post as useful

japanese white pages 2005/6/19 02:51
The closest thing I have been able to find is the townpage but I am in a similar situation where I would like to get in touch with a friend who has moved back to Japan. I think the best chance is by finding a pen pal who will help you out from doing some investigative work on the island. If anyone is interested and lives in Japan please respond so that I can give you my e-mail to get in touch. Thanks and good luck to everyone else.
by dubs rate this post as useful

uk intl phone operator 2007/5/22 17:53
if you are in england the international telephone operator can be reached at 118505 and the regular british telecom telephone operator is at 100 then select option 4
i don't know if this will help anyone though.
by dave rate this post as useful

not working? 2007/11/4 09:50
http://www.hellotokyo.com/WP/lastNames.cfm

it isn't working right now but you could try later. Good luck!!!!
by jess rate this post as useful

Address directories for Japan 2007/12/20 03:09
There are lots of online directories in the U.S. and other countries where you can type in someone's name to find their current address (for example, I have moved and don't have my address book with me and need to send Christmas cards to friends in Japan). Where is there an online directory for addresses in Japan? Thanks!!!!
by Ellen rate this post as useful

FAQ 2007/12/20 16:23
Ellen,

Where is there an online directory for addresses in Japan?

There isn't one.

Or, as Uco wrote in a reply earlier in this thread...
You can dial 104 but they can only give info about people who have registered their phone number, and most individuals don't register their phone numbers.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

White Pages in Japan 2008/4/22 17:26
Hi i have a friend in japan but i wasn't able to reach them anymore. I tried contacting their number but I'm not receiving any response. is there anywhere on the net or any website that i can look at to find their phone number? i have their address though.... thanks a lot...
by Sol rate this post as useful

white pages 2008/4/22 17:43
Do they even have white pages in English???
Years ago I was able to get phone numbers and addresses in Europe by internet. It is getting harder unless one has a subscription and give personal details etc. etc. It may have to do with safety and security to prevent unsavory people from stealing other people ID. Both a foreign friend and a relative haven't contacted me in the past 3 years and their phone # are unlisted. This obviously mean they have chosen to break contact. might be the case with your friends??
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

... 2008/4/23 10:35
i have their address though

Why don't you try writing them a letter?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

i have same problem 2008/5/8 18:28
i have same problem with the person who asked address or phone numbers. i have their phone number but never tried to call it, i am wondering if the phone number in japan has the combination of alpha-numerics? thanks
by sugar rate this post as useful

... 2008/5/8 19:29
i am wondering if the phone number in japan has the combination of alpha-numerics?

Japanese phone numbers are numeric (i.e. only consist of numbers).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Japan White Pages 2008/5/16 06:20

Hi,
I found this:
www.whitepage.jp
Hope it will help.

by Hassan Mohamad Kazem rate this post as useful

Moshi moshi 2008/5/16 11:06
Hassan,

That is the website of a concert promotion company - nothing to do with phone directories.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Location Sugestion 2008/8/8 07:38
People,
If you are trying to locate a close friend who has relocated to Japan, try writing a nice letter to a close relative of that person. They might know where that person has taken up residence. If you don't think your letter would be forwarded. then you shouldn't be trying to contact them. They may demand their privacy. They may not want to be found.
by Nada rate this post as useful

reply to this thread