Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lost in Translation (bar) & Babel (club) 2008/4/30 02:25
I am looking for a bar and club in Tokyo that were each used in a specific scene in the movies Lost in Translation and Babel.

1.)LIT - The bar where Bob and Charlotte where hanging out with Charlotte's Japanese friends. I remember the bar had those big lanterns/lights hanging from the ceiling that had a fireworks "effect" shooting from them. Very cool ambiance. I am not sure if it is the same place as the Karaoke bar in Shibuya

2.)Babel - The club in Tokyo where Chieko and her friends were dancing at with the laser lights and the song September playing in the back ground.

Thanks,
Ryan
by rcnhouston  

Locations 2008/5/1 00:35
I believe (not 100% sure) that the 'Making off...' featurette on the DVD mentions that the bar with the big lanterns and the strip club is actually the same location and wasn't a real bar or club at all.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

Babel 2008/5/1 00:44
Well I found that the club in the movie Babel is actually Womb, it was listed in Wikitravel under Shibuya.

I know the strip club was created for the movie but it would be a real bummer if the bar with the laterns was made just for the movie too. It looked really cool!

Ryan
by rcnhouston rate this post as useful

LIT club 2008/5/1 09:17
The club that they filmed in lost in translation, not being the strip club is a club called AIR. Here is the link.
http://www.air-tokyo.com/
I hope this is what you were looking for :)
by Tamara rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/5/1 09:41
by rcnhouston rate this post as useful

reply to this thread