Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how long from Tokyo to Hiroshima? 2008/4/30 16:35
how long is the train ride from tokyo to hiroshima?
by Jackie  

... 2008/4/30 17:15
You should find the information you need here

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3404.html
by kittywheaty rate this post as useful

4 hours 2008/4/30 17:30
About 4 hours by shinkansen.
by Zavo rate this post as useful

no way 2008/4/30 22:01
4 hours? Maybe if you fly there...

you can look up the results here: http://grace.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi

Last time I went, It took me 7 hours on 2 different shinkansen.. the first one from Tokyo to Okayama, then from Okayama to Hiroshima.....
by godwine rate this post as useful

Yes 4 hours 2008/4/30 22:44
Fastest Nozomi takes even less than 4 hours. Even if you have a railpass and can't take the Nozomi, you can get there in less than 5 hours.

Which route 2008/4/30 22:52
Which route?

It takes 3.5 hours from Tokyo to Kyoto on the Hikari Star, I am almost positive that its over 2 hours from Kyoto to Hiroshima??

example routes 2008/4/30 23:11
May 1, 2008
10:10 Tokyo, board Shinkansen Nozomi
14:05 arrive in Hiroshima
(3.55)

10:03 Tokyo, board Shinkansen Hikari 367
13:03 Shinosaka, change here
13:19 board Shinkansen Hikari 467
14:52 arrive in Hiroshima
(4:49)

thanks 2008/5/1 00:43
interesting....

i am sure last year i left narita at 4:00 and didn't arrive hiroshima till 11:00... though its true that narita to tokyo is a good 45 minutes, and plus there are wait time between trains so.....

5 hours 2008/5/1 08:13
With the rail pass (ie no nozomi) I recently did it in just under 5 hours. I think the wait time was about 15 minutes for a train change at Shin Osaka.
by Zoe rate this post as useful

. 2008/5/1 08:18
Godwine, perhaps you were forced to catch a train that made more stops, particularly at that late hour? Or were forced to wait longer between train changes. I once had a 4 min train change gap at Okayama which sped things up.
by Zoe rate this post as useful

hyperdia 2008/5/3 13:04
hi there
try using the JR website-hyperdia-

http://www.japanrail.com/JR_hyperdia.html

It allows you to enter the time you want to travel and the beginning point and destination. It will then give you several options of travel time and the cost to your chosen destination. We used it constantly and found it to be a godsend as the travel time varies greatly depending on the time of day, number of transfers and whether it is an express train, shinkansen etc.
Good luck!
by Maree rate this post as useful

. 2008/5/3 14:10
Ifyou have a rail pass, you can make seat reservations. As I see it in my shinkansen ride, seats in the reserved area are better since there's like 4 seats in each row than 5 seats in the non-reserved area. Also, I suggest non-smokers to choose seats in a non-smoking car. I remember last time, were forced to take the smoking car from Shin-Osaka to Hiroshima due to limited seats, and the cigarette smokes clings to our clothes.
by Luke C rate this post as useful

reply to this thread