Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita Airport to Akita? 2008/8/3 02:08
I am going to Akita in 3 weeks and I am still clueless how to get there once I arrive at Narita Airport. As much as possible, I hope it is not that expensive or I could use the cheapest option. Help!
by Les  

... 2008/8/3 16:02
I assume you want to travel to Akita City as supposed to some other location within Akita Prefecture.

The easiest option is to take the train into Tokyo and then the Akita Shinkansen from Tokyo to Akita. The one way trip from Narita Airport to Akita takes 5-6 hours and costs about 20,000 yen.

A more inexpensive option would be taking a bus. The bus trip from Tokyo to Akita takes 8-9 hours (overnight) and costs around 9000-10000 yen. Some less comfortable buses do the one way trip from as little as 5000 yen.

A final option would be flying. Either transfer from Narita to Haneda Airport (calculate at least 4 hours transfer time) and then fly from there to Akita Airport, or fly from Narita to Sendai Airport and take trains from there. Akita Airport is located 40 minutes outside of the city.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/8/3 23:16
Wow 20000 Yen to go from Tokyo to Akita? Is there a pass that you can buy so you can travel more than once? What if i want to travel from Akita to Tokyo again?
by S rate this post as useful

JR East 2008/8/3 23:28
by William rate this post as useful

JR East Pass 2008/8/4 00:03
i found information regarding the JR East Pass.

You can buy the 4 flexible day within 1 month for 20000 Yen and you can get a 20% discount if your between ages 12-25. Which means it only cost 16000 Yen to travel between Tokyo to Akita via Shinkasen, and you can use the JR Pass to get from Narita Airport to Tokyo.

Additionally, you can use the remaining 3 days on any day you want within a month, that means you can travel back to tokyo on a weekend trip.

I plan on buying this Pass.
by S rate this post as useful

Regarding the bus trip 2008/8/4 00:56
I am also planning to buy this pass. Regarding the bus trip from Tokyo to Akita..could anybody suggest where exactly in Tokyo is the most convenient bus station? And do these buses have a particular time of departure? Or do these buses depart hourly?
by Les rate this post as useful

Shinjuku-Akita bus 2008/8/4 02:10
by William rate this post as useful

For "Temporary Visitor" 2008/8/4 17:58
A light reminder just in case you guys don't know.. The JR East Pass is only valid for those passports with "Temporary Visitor" Status and not for "College Visa" status..

;p

by M rate this post as useful

reply to this thread