Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

asahiyama Zoo 2008/12/10 11:04
Hi all,

I will be going to Sapporo on the 27th Dec till 3 Jan. Wondering is there any direct train from Sapporo to Asahiyama Zoo? How long would be the journey from Sapporo to Asahiyama Zoo?
by ss  

... 2008/12/10 13:22
Trains from Sapporo go only as far as Asahikawa Station. From there you need to take a bus as explained here:
http://www5.city.asahikawa.hokkaido.jp/asahiyamazoo/zoo/Engl...

Note also that the zoo will be closed from December 30 to January 1, and can be expected to be very crowded on other days during the New Year holidays.
by Uji rate this post as useful

asahiyama zoo 2008/12/10 13:43
Just a word of warning about the zoo.....If you are in any way concerned about animal rights or animal welfare then i would think again about visiting the place. Its all well and good for the cute animals, like the penguins, but when it comes to the rhino and other less kawaii animals the zoo dont seem to care. I went last year and it was heartbreaking to see the neglect of animals that dont attract as much attention as the cute ones. I guess zoos can be good cant they but im afraid that Asahiyama zoo is way behind the times- suprising really considering its the most famous zoo in Japan....
by mike rate this post as useful

other attractions near the zoo 2009/8/19 22:17
is there any other attractions or things to do near asahiyama zoo? otherwise, we will be travelling all the way there just to visit a zoo?
by dsim rate this post as useful

japanese map 2009/8/19 22:26
i found this map from asahiyama zoo webpage, but it is in japanese and i dont read japanese.

is there any other attractions near the zoo (within walking distance)?

http://www5.city.asahikawa.hokkaido.jp/asahiyamazoo/zoo...
by dsim rate this post as useful

... 2009/8/20 08:35
is there any other attractions near the zoo (within walking distance)?

Asahikawa as a whole does not have much else to see and offer tourists, except maybe a bowl of Asahikawa Ramen.

Nice places nearby include Biei, Furano and Daisetsuzan National Park.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread