Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa for amy wife 2009/3/14 01:04
Im geraldine im married to us army base in okinawa, we got married in civil last march 9 but in june 20 we will still have church wedding, my husband wants me to be w/ him after june as soon as possible, my question is what visa i need, i just heard sofa status but I think its just for visitors,I heard command sponsorship too... but we are planning to live there so i need a visa for me to live w/ him there for good untill the end of his contract.. Please help me.. and I hope theres someone outhere who can answer my questions...
by geraldine (guest)  

SOFA? 2009/3/14 09:14
Geraldine,

If your husband is in the US military, normal visa rules do not apply. Can you or your husband not ask on base? This is basic information that should be readily available there.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

SOFA 2009/3/14 11:52
Your husband needs to do the legwork on this. You need SOFA sponsorship to stay in Japan as a military spouse, without a visa. Your husband needs to have his command authorize you to enter the country as his family member and you will have to also complete a screening process to ensure that you have no medical problems that the military would be unable to treat while you are living in Japan. Once these steps are complete, you will be able to enter the country as a SOFA-sponsored spouse and have a multiple-re-entry stamp in your passport for going in & out of Japan. This is not rocket science but your husband is the guy who has to initiate this.
by Spendthrift (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread