Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Morningstar orphanage sendai 2009/5/31 07:38
I was raised at the morningstar orphanage from birth to 1956..I am now 60 years old and wanted to know if anyone from japan or other countries what were raised there are still looking for there janpanese families..most like me is only half janpanese..i have lots of pictures of the orphanage and of other chldren like me.
by Julie Culleton  

some info 2009/5/31 23:36
If you search for Morning Star Orphanage Sendai in Google, some information does come up, though not all of it seems to be easily accessible or relevant, but I think it can give you somewhere to start. It seems that it was a Catholic orphanage and served a missionary function. The University of Southern California appears to have some photos in their digital archive. If you are not proficient in internet searches, please let me know and I will spend more time on it.
by Tilt (guest) rate this post as useful

try this 2009/5/31 23:39
by Tilt (guest) rate this post as useful

Have already looked at that site 2009/6/1 08:05
Thank you, but I have already looked at that site at the U.of California...Just looking to see if anyone that was raised at that Orphanage is still around..Thanks, Julie
by Julie Culleton rate this post as useful

orphanage 2009/11/20 13:11
I am a 53 yr. old female adopted from an orphanage in that area around 1960. My adoptive parents are gone, but were living at Itazuki AFB. I have couple pictures from orphanage. I am full japanese, but remember little of culture. Having hard time having papers translated. Email me.
by heathersmom rate this post as useful

Morningstar orphanage Sendai 2011/3/18 10:30
I grew up same place as Julie Culleton.We are the same age and i left the orphanage in 1955. I too have pictures of that time. Please let me here from you soon. Mary Salvadori
by Mary Salvadori (guest) rate this post as useful

Sendai Orphanage, 1945-6 2011/3/19 02:00
I don't remember the name but several of us in the 127th A/B Engr. Bn (11th Airborne Division "adopted" the orphanage and provided cartons of food during 1946. I do remember the German Catholic Sisters there and their dedication and hardships they endured during the war. After the earthquake and tsunami I awoke in the night with flashbacks and became concerned about the orphans and if they survived. I was 18-19 years old then and now over 84. Current news much appreciated.
Dom Arigato
by Donald M. Foster (guest) rate this post as useful

Looking!!!!! 2011/3/20 01:26
Well, I have found 2 other people that has lived in MorningStar Orphanage, In sendai, Japan...Want to find as many people in the United States of America...So we can all get togather. I am writing a book on my experience of my first 8 years and now what has happened in the years after.Would like to know how everybody else is doing. ThankU
Please reply to this site. Julie
by Julie Culleton rate this post as useful

Morningstar orphange sendai 2011/4/7 12:06
Hi Mary or Julie,
Mu husband recently learned that he was adopted and was from an orphanage in Japan. His adoptive mother was from Sasebo and brought him to the US as she married a marine. he has very little information and would like to learn more. please share any information that you may have. thanks, sharon
by sharon (guest) rate this post as useful

THANK YOU ! 2011/7/21 10:22
thank you Don Foster for gifts of food you brought to us.I never for got and pictures I have. My Father Buzz Wilson was there too. Brought( me to U.S.) Thank YOU and all the Guys ,help with coal for winter and foods.Bless all always. Mary

Don Foster 2011/7/21 11:11
THANK YOU, DON and all the service Men and WOMEN TO HELP BRING FOOD, COAL TO KEEP FROM FREEZING.i WAS aDOPTTED Buzz WILSON.we CAME TO u.s.in1955.BLESS YOU ALL

Re: Morningstar orphanage sendai 2013/3/9 06:44
My father was adopted from this Orphanage in 1958. I am trying to hard to find information about this place. Seems very eluding. Please email me if anybody has any type of info. thanks!
by mhaynes15 rate this post as useful

Re: Morningstar orphanage sendai 2015/10/14 09:36
A cousin just shared a photograph of my dad doing volunteer work at a Sendai orphanage Easter, 1952.

It's one I've never seen before, and I was wondering if any of the alumni might recognize the grinning little girl on his lap clutching an Easter egg and wearing a white dress.

Dad is alive and well, has the energy of a person twenty years younger than his 83 years. I thought it would be great fun, finding his old friend.

Thanks in advance,

Andy
by AndyShane rate this post as useful

reply to this thread