Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo obon spots 2009/6/21 10:38
Where are good spots in Tokyo to watch obon activities on the 14th and 15th of August? Maybe a bon odori on the 14th and lanterns in a waterway (Toro Nagashi) on the 15th.

Any suggestions?
by acase (guest)  

... 2009/6/21 16:22
Acase, do you live in Tokyo? As people leave Tokyo to visit their hometown during obon week, most bon-odori events are held in late July and early August.

As for Toro-nagashi, I've heard there're toro-nagashi along Tama river and Sumida river though their scale is not as big as those in Hiroshima/Nagasaki.
by Ogojo (guest) rate this post as useful

tokyo obon 2009/6/21 23:58
I'm going to be moving to Tokyo for a year and will arrive on the 14th of August. The closest train station to my apartment will be Takadanobaba.

Thanks for your help.
by acase (guest) rate this post as useful

Obon events 2009/8/14 08:00
There should be street fair in Azabu Juban this weekend. Towards the early evenings. You can get the free magazine called Metropolis at most gaijn hangouts/restaurants, i.e Fridays, Outback, Tower Records. HMV.
by kc in tk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread