Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Computer Engineers Demand Work 2009/6/22 21:00
I'm an spanish that always have interested in Japan. So my dream its to visit it in in a few years and maybe to live there.

Now i'm starting Computer Engineering studies and i was wondering if anyone knows if jobs demand it's strong for Computer Engineers.

Thank you for all who responses! ^^
by Azghal  

not right now 2009/6/23 16:18
Japan has also been seriously affected by the global economic crisis- jobs in IT and finance were particularly badly hit. Right now I would say no, the demand is not that strong as I know a number of people in IT who have been laid off. If you don't speak very good Japanese there is even less demand.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Skills 2009/6/23 16:24
It really depends on your skills. If they are well above average and you have a lot of experience then you might be OK in Tokyo. Your Japanese will also have to be excellent.
by ryokans rate this post as useful

.. 2009/6/23 16:38
Since your question needs answering in a few years I would suggest you come back then and ask.
Right now just like Sira says you would have next to no chance. Companies can now afford to be picky and without considerable experience under the belt it would be nothing short of a miracle.

In a few years who knows. Things might have recovered by the time you have your qualification. Experience is always going to help though.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Not a rosy IT job market 2009/10/20 01:30
I would agree with the comments from the other posters the IT job market is actually very bad at the moment. There is an enormous amount of off-shoring going on a the moment, particularly in the finance sector where costs are significantly lower. Though if you speak Japanese fluently and you have relevant experience then there are opportunities.
by EnglishEsquire rate this post as useful

reply to this thread