Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

what is the city code for nakagusuku? 2009/7/6 13:40
my fiancee is in kadena but lives in Nakagusuku. he has a cell phone and i cant figure out the city code. i would really like to be able to talk to him. can anyone help me on this?
by kelly (guest)  

cell phone 2009/7/6 13:59
cell phones don't have area codes in Japan and instead begin with 090, 080, or 050 followed by 8 more digits.

Where are you calling from? Inside Japan or outside? Here's more info on how to call Japanese phones:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2223_how.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

RE: the city code for nakagusuku 2009/7/6 18:36
Sorry, why do you think you need to figure out the city code to call his cell phone?

City codes [area codes] are not defined about phone numbers beginning with 0_0 in Japan.
If he surely has a cell phone of Japan, its number has eleven digits and begins with 090, with 080, or with 070.
Eleven-digit numbers beginning with 050 are for IP phones, not for cell phones.

If his phone's number has ten digits and begins with 0981, 0988 or 0989 then the phone is a fixed phone.
098 is the area code for the area including Kadena Town, Nakagusuku Village and Naha City, but you can omit an area code only when you call from a fixed phone in the same area.

//

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

cell phones 2009/7/7 09:45
whoops, my mistake. I meant 070 not 050.

Sorry, why do you think you need to figure out the city code to call his cell phone?

If the OP's fiance is at Kadena then they are probably Americans, and US cell phones have area codes and look like regular landline numbers.

Kelly,

As stated, Japanese cell phones are not tied to an area code. Just dial it as you see it if you are calling from within Japan. If calling from outside Japan dial +81 and then the number (but omit the first zero)
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread