Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

luggage lockers at Himeji 2009/7/9 14:19
u have answered my question regarding luggage lockers at Himeji railway station, but are there sufficient large lockers for 6 people with reasonable size suitcase. If not - where would we leave luggage when travelling between Osaka and Hiroshima
by Lesley (guest)  

What's "reasonable sized?" 2009/7/10 02:15
There is a bank of the largest sized lockers at the top of the stairs just before the Shinkansen gates. These were Y700 or Y800, I don't remember. There were also some older lockers just outside the station toward the arcade, next to an obento shop, that were the same size but only Y600.

If no one is using the lockers, there would be enough. If someone else is using them, there might not be enough.

If your suitcases aren't the huge hard shell Japanese style, you might even be able to get them into the next locker size down. Check out the link for actual locker sizes:
http://www.japanrail.com/JR_atthestation_coinlocker.htm...
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Problem with locker? 2009/7/10 07:36
"If there are no lockers it may be possible to leave bags with station personnel: you can ask someone at an information desk or at the ticket gate. It also may be possible to leave bags at a restaurant or hotel near the station if there are no lockers or if all lockers are occupied."
The above is very true. I left my luggage with station master once ,and in a tourist office once when travelling in Tohoku region last May.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread