Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rishiri&Rebun in September? 2009/7/20 20:33
Hi all!

Does it make sense to visit the islands in the middle of September? Are any alpine flowers still in bloom?

What, in general, the weather at this time? Is it mostly sunny, or cloudy, or windy? How low is the air temperature?

Many thanks in advance!
by enipal  

... 2009/7/21 13:19
Does it make sense to visit the islands in the middle of September?

Yes, I think the islands are always worth a visit, although I am not sure whether there are still some flowers in September. Around the year, though, access to the islands is time-consuming. I recommend to visit them only if you have enough time and an interest in low-key off-the-beaten-track destinations.

What, in general, the weather at this time? Is it mostly sunny, or cloudy, or windy? How low is the air temperature?

Average daytime highs are around 20 degrees. Average nighttime lows around 13 degrees. It is a relatively sunny time of the year with around 60 percent sunny days and only around 35 percent rainy days. This is relatively good weather for Hokkaido standards.

by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks a lot , Uji! 2009/7/21 22:58
You are SO helpful! :-)
by enipal rate this post as useful

Not really 2009/8/4 20:39
Went to Rebun today and as for the alpine flowers, there won't be. They're all half dead already, unfortunately.

As for everything else, it depends what weather you get. If it's cloudy and the flowers are dead then Rebun isn't particularly impressive in my opinion.
by Dan (guest) rate this post as useful

When is a good time? 2009/8/14 11:29
Hi,

May I know when is a good time to visit Rishiri and Rebun then? Thanks :)
by Papillon (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/8/15 08:25
June to August
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread