Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fly Narita to Fukuoka 2009/7/31 09:20
HI,

I am planning a 1 week trip to Japan in December and arrive in Narita at 6.30pm on the 8th. Is it possible to get a connecting cheap flight to Fukuoka that night? I will then work my way back to Tokyo and fly out on the 14th.
OR
Do you think it is easier to work my way down to Fukuoka and on my last day fly from Fukuoka to narita and then leave?
Hope I am making sense. Hopefully once I make this decision I will be able to start planning everthing else.
Thanks in advance
Michelle
by MichelleP (guest)  

Depends when you leave Narita 2009/7/31 17:16
Go on JAL site, Japan, English:
there are 2 flights per day each way: Narita to Fukuoka 13.40pm or 19.40pm: arriving at 6.30pm this 2nd one could be a bit tight, but possible.
[ If you book it as part of your International ticket, and your flight is delayed, then my understanding is that the International carrier has to put you up..but you'd miss a days travel, so probably not a good plan...]
Fukuoka to Narita are at 7.10am or 14.25pm: 2 hour flight
Flights aren't all that "cheap" though...
If you have a JR Pass then Hakata to Narita is doable in a day, depending on flight time out of Narita, and of course is "free" as part of the Pass....
by fmj rate this post as useful

discount flights 2009/7/31 17:34
Assuming your flight isn't delayed you should be able to make the 7:55 flight. If you are landing before December 22 then you should book your Fukuoka flight as a "Oneworld Yokoso Visit Japan Pass" discount flight which will make it cost 10,000 yen. See this page for more info on the pass:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2364.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread