Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Road to Lake Chuzenji - how busy Oct 27? 2009/8/2 18:37
Hello again,
I will be travelling in a group of 9 to Nikko.

I just checked Hyperdia and have 2 train options first leaving the hotel in Ueno at about 5.50am for the 6.22am train or next one is 7.30am for 8.14am train to Nikko.

Im thinking the group are going to vote for the later 8.14 train dept but this train arrives in Nikko at 9.54am!

On arrival, if we want to catch a bus straight up to the Lake will we be in trouble with traffic jams and crowding on the bus and unable to get seats on the bus?
It will be a Tuesday - but in peak autumn time I think.
Feedback much appreciated.

Also if anyone can read Japanese could you please help me out with the bus departure time from the JR station up to the lake - first one after our 9.54 train arrival time please?
http://www.tobu-bus.com/pc/area/nikkou.html
by Gazle (guest)  

... 2009/8/2 22:02
I think there is a risk of traffic jams, especially if the weather forecast for that day is good. But considering that it is a weekday, I suspect that you won't lose more than an hour in case there are delays (no guarantees).

Also if anyone can read Japanese could you please help me out with the bus departure time from the JR station up to the lake - first one after our 9.54 train arrival time please?

10:05 from JR Nikko
10:27 from Tobu Nikko
10:30 from Tobu Nikko
11:05 from JR Nikko
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2009/8/2 22:44
If the weather is forecasted to be good, yes, there is a chance that a lot of people would go - but going on a weekday is the best you can do. If it gets crowded, be prepared to stand on the bus though; we once did that, but standing was no big deal :)
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread