Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Private hot spring for 2 people 2009/8/31 09:49
Just wondering if anyone could help me with regards to a private hot spring for two people?

I have found a ryokan in Yukinosato but can't find any pictures of a private hot spring. They say that the rooms have either an indoor or private hot spring attached but was wondering how much extra these costs and does every room have it or is it something that we would need to request? I'm a bit uncomfortable in going to a hot spring with 20 or so other people and would prefer a private one.

Thanks very much in advance.

by Tahni (guest)  

Hakone 2009/12/4 01:40
My husband and I stayed at Hana Gokoro in Hakone. It was the most wonderful experience I had in my entire life. There you have a private bathroom with hot spring outside, with the forth wall gone - and just nature outside. It rained when we were there, it was magic to see and hear the rain when sitting in a hot bath tub drinking sake... You also have your own sauna. Wonderful dinner and breakfast, a lot of food oh my good. Small pieces of art...

It is quite expensive, though.

http://japan-easy.com/japan-travel/hotel-guide/japan-hotels/hakone/han...
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

this one? 2009/12/4 09:34
Maybe I am wrong, but if your Yukinosato Ryokan is this one, you can see the pics of the room.
http://www.yukinosato.co.jp/room/index.html

They say the room No.105, 205, 101, 102, 102 are equipped with private onsen.

by V (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you!! 2009/12/4 14:36
Thanks so much for the info! Really appreciate it!! Unfortunately I posted that a few months ago and have already been on my trip. My fiancé and I ended up staying in Ichinoyu Honkan which had a really nice private outdoor bath and a very large room. I think some parts of it were outdated and guess it added to the feel.

I had a look at the place you stayed at and I must say it looks modern and very nice!! Do you mind if I ask how much you paid?? I would live to stay there on our next visit.
by Tahni (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread