Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

land access to Hakone Motomiya 2009/9/25 16:35
Is it possible to walk from Hakone Shrine to Hakone Shrine Motomiya?

If possible, how long it will take?

Thanks a lot :)
by lussi (guest)  

... 2009/9/26 08:53
Yes, it is possible, although I don't think there is a direct trail. There is a trail head up to the peak of Komagatake from a place that is located between Hakone-en and Kojiri. This is about 60-90 minutes from the shrine. From there, the ascent to the mountain starts. I estimate this to be an additional 1-2 hours.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2009/9/26 09:27
not Motomiya
本宮(Honguu)
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/9/26 09:58
箱根神社元宮 = Hakone Jinja Motomiya

arigatou 2009/9/27 20:40
arigatou, uji-san

i'll just have a full day in Tochigi. The plan is to start from Senkei in the morning, Hakoneyumoto-Hakone Tozan Railway 35 mins-Gora (Gora Park)-cablecar-ropeway 5min-Owakudani (eat black egg)-ropeway 8min-Togendai-Lake Ashi-boat-Hakone Machi-Hakone Checkpoint-Hakone Detached Palace-Moto Hakone-Hakone Shrine-walk to Hakone Shrine Motomiya-walk back to Hakone Shrine-Old Tokaido-Amazake Chaya-Tokaido Museum-Hakone Tozan Bus 25 min-Hakoneyumoto.

Now as u say it'll need additional 1-2 hrs, it seems not doable within time availability (need to go to Yokohama at least around 5 pm).

Do you have any idea how to arrange the route so that we can go to the shrine? Or shall I delete other place?
by lussi rate this post as useful

... 2009/10/1 18:53
i'll just have a full day in Tochigi.

Tochigi??

Now as u say it'll need additional 1-2 hrs, it seems not doable within time availability (need to go to Yokohama at least around 5 pm).

For the round trip, you will need an additional 4 hours.

Do you have any idea how to arrange the route so that we can go to the shrine? Or shall I delete other place?

You could take the ropeway up Mount Komagatake where Motomiya is located. But note that access to the lower station of the ropeway is not straight forward if you are using the Hakone Free Pass. I think it might not be worth the effort.

not Tochigi, but Hakone 2009/10/2 13:49
Hi Uji-san,

Soory, I was so sleepy that I typed "Tochigi" while what in my mind was actually "Hakone".

So, doing a round trip in Hakone will need 4 hours only?

Yes, I think I'll just leave Hokone Shrine Motomiya. Hakone Shrine will be enogh :)

And at the end of the round trip, will directly go to Yokohama to spend the night there.
by lussi rate this post as useful

.. 2009/10/3 07:08
No, I am saying that a Hiking trip to Hakone Shrine Motomiya would take an additional 4 hours, not an additional 1-2 hours.

reply to this thread