Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to get to Takao from Arashiyama 2009/10/4 21:19
I plan to visit Arashiyama and then Takao. How can I get to Takao from Arashiyama and then back to ShinOsaka? I plan to go there around third week of November. Is it worth a visit?
by wb (guest)  

... 2009/10/5 14:30
The bus to Takao stops at Ninnaji Temple, which can be accessed by the Keifuku train from Arashiyama (Omuro-Ninnaji Station, one transfer required along the way). From Takao, you can take the bus to Kyoto Station and a JR train to Shin-Osaka Station.

The buses to Takao can be expected to be very crowded during the time of your visit. Expect delays. Similarly, Arashiyama will be very busy. Unless you hate to be in crowded places, I recommend to visit. They are some great spots for autumn colors.
by Uji rate this post as useful

How about by taxi? 2009/10/5 15:39
Thanks Uji. If it is very crowded and the bus may be delayed, should I go by taxi from Arashiyama to Takao and then from Takao back to Kyoto? Is it gonna be very expensive for a group of three adults?
by wb (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/10/8 17:45
should I go by taxi from Arashiyama to Takao and then from Takao back to Kyoto?

Yes, I think it is an option to consider. Much faster and not that expensive. The one way fare is probably around 1800 yen, assuming that there are no traffic jams.

Especially on weekends, there is a risk of traffic jams both in the Arashiyama area and also on the street to Takao.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread