Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Questions about Nikko 2009/10/22 14:03
Hello,

It is kind of late for me to decide to go to nikko this Saturday (10/24) but I think I will anyway. I was not able to get any reservations for nikko (bus, hotels, trains) so I am just going there in a day trip.

I have researched already about train stuffs but my problem is the bus fare that can get me from tobu nikko station to as far as yumoto onsen. How much are the bus fares? I have read about 3000 yen unlimited rides good for 2 days. Since I will not be there in 2 days, what are the other options for a cheaper bus ride?

Does any one of you know about bus prices in nikko? Do they have like a one day pass?
by xtin08  

As far as I know, 2009/10/22 18:28
I believe that the bus pass already pays off if you make a return trip between Nikko station and Yumoto, even if you used it only on one day. (For example, I remember clearly that the bus pass that gets you only as far as Chuzenji Lake costs 2,000 yen, and that a single one-way ticket cost 1,000 yen - I don't remember the exact single ticket fare from Nikko station to Yumoto, but I believe that the bus passes are priced in the same way.)

If you have to go on the weekend, things might be pretty crowded - if it's a day trip from Tokyo, you might want to consider just visiting as far as the Kegon Falls and Chuzenji Lake, unless you start very early in the morning.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread