Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel around Karuizawa 2009/11/3 22:50
Hi,
I am thinking of going to Karuizawa as a short trip from Tokyo. Read from many places that the best way to travel around Karuizawa is by bicycle. Unfortunately, I can't cycle. Is it still possible to travel around Karuizawa by other means? I plan to travel up to Shiraito Falls. Is it possible to travel by foot? Does anyone knows how long does it take to travel by foot to the Old Mikasa Hotel?
Thanks in advance.
by Jen (guest)  

karuizawa 2009/11/4 10:44
Read from many places that the best way to travel around Karuizawa is by bicycle. Unfortunately, I can't cycle. Is it still possible to travel around Karuizawa by other means?

The town centers are easily explored on foot, however the other sites around Karuizawa are rather spread out and a car would make for the easiest access. Buses are available to some attractions, and taxi would also be a viable option.

I plan to travel up to Shiraito Falls. Is it possible to travel by foot?

There is a hiking trail from the former Mikasa Hotel, and it is about 7km to the falls. Also, the hotel itself is about 3.5 km from the station.

Does anyone knows how long does it take to travel by foot to the Old Mikasa Hotel?

I would estimate about 1.5-2 hours one way.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

karuizawa 2009/11/4 10:44
also, the map on this page should help you get an idea of the relative distance of things.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6030.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread