Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinjuku -Kamakura -Yokohama 2009/11/24 13:17
Hi,

What is the best way to travel from Shinjuku to Kamakura in the morning, then from Kamakura to Yokohama and back to Shinjuku at night. How much it cost?

Should I go direct to the Mitsui Outlet when reach Yokohama then to rest of place of interest in Yokohama?

Thank you very much!
by yw (guest)  

RE: Shinjuku -Kamakura -Yokohama 2009/11/24 18:14
: What is the best way to travel from Shinjuku to Kamakura in the morning, then from Kamakura to Yokohama and back to Shinjuku at night. How much it cost?

[From Shinjuku to Kamakura]

About 60 minutes, 890 yen, no transfer;
Shinjuku: train destined to Zushi --{Shonan-Shinjuku Line + Yokosuka Line}-- Kamakura.
OR
About 70 minutes, 890 yen, one transfer;
Shinjuku --{Shonan-Shinjuku Line}-- Yokohama --{Yokosuka Line}-- Kamakura.

[From Kamakura to Yokohama]

About 30 minutes, 330 yen, one transfer;
Kamakura --{Yokosuka Line}-- Ofuna --{Keihin-Tohoku or Negishi Line}-- Sakuragucho (#) / Yokohama.

(#) Sightseeing loop buses named "Akai Kutsu" are available at Sakuragicho Station Bus Stop No.4 from 10:00, coming in every 20 minutes until 18:00 on weekdays, in every 15 minutes until around 19:00 on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Yokohama Convention & Visitors Bureau: Yokohama visitors' guide: Tranportation within the city
http://www.welcome.city.yokohama.jp/eng/tourism/walking/1060.html

[From Yokohama to Shinjuku]

About 45 minutes, 540 yen;
Yokohama --{Shonan-Shinjuku Line}-- Shinjuku.

: Should I go direct to the Mitsui Outlet when reach Yokohama then to rest of place of interest in Yokohama?

That depends on personal preference, i.e. what sort of spots in Yokohama you hope to visit.
You can visit the Mitsui Outlet Park in Yokohama City if you take Keihin-Tohoku or Negishi Line and change at Shin-Sugita , but that's a bit far to portside spots (e.g. Minato Mirai 21 district, Yamashita Park) and China Town.

- Mitsui Outlet Park Yokohama Bayside
http://www.31op.com/yokohama/foreign/index_en.html

//

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread