Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to get to Harajuku on Metro line? 2009/11/27 09:24
which station should i alight?

i have bought my day pass for metro and i dont intend to get a JR pass to go to Harajuku.

Thank you.
by Dick (guest)  

answer 2009/11/27 11:46
Meiji-jungumae on the Chiyoda line.
by lb (guest) rate this post as useful

no JR pass needed 2009/11/27 11:57
You can get to Harajuku by buying single tickets on JR in any case, you don't need a JR pass to take JR trains.

Another option if the Chiyoda Line is not convenient is to take either the Hanzomon or Ginza lines to Omotesando station and walk down to Harajuku (about 10-15 mins downhill).
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

to Harajuku 2009/11/27 14:48
It would be great if you told us where you will start your trip to Harajuku...
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/11/27 16:10
As mentioned Meiji-jungumae on the Chiyoda Line AND Fukutoshin Line are right next/under Harajuku Station.

Also as mentioned Omotesando Station on the Ginza Line , Hanzomon Line (and Chiyoda Line) are within very easy walking distance.
by Expresstrain (guest) rate this post as useful

RE: Tokyo Metro for Harajuku 2009/11/27 17:51
From which place do you plan to start?

Both Chiyoda Line and Fukutoshin Line have Meiji-jingumae Station.
- Tokyo Metro: Meiji-jingumae Station: Map (in Japanese)
http://www.tokyometro.jp/rosen/eki/meiji-jingumae/map_rittai_1.html
Chiyoda Line, shown in green, is closer to Harajuku. You can take a simple route written in red from the Chiyoda Line platform to the ground. Harajuku Station of JR is within a walking distance.

It's possible, if you hope, to get off at Omote-sando Station on Hanzomon Line or Ginza Line and walk from Exit A2. But, it's a bit long way to reach this exit.
Instead you can make a transfer to Chiyoda Line and catch a Local train at Track 1, which carries you to Meiji-jingumae Station within a few minutes.
- Tokyo Metro: Omote-sando Station: Map (in Japanese)
http://www.tokyometro.jp/rosen/eki/omote-sando/map_rittai_1.html

//
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

JR 2009/11/27 20:33
JR Harajuku Stn is the best introduction to Harajuku Stn, IMO. You get off at the top of Takeshita Street, then you can wander down and eventually end at the Omotesando Metro Station. That would make a good half a day excursion.

Don't forget to check out Yoyogi Park and Meiji Shrine before you check out Harajuku.
by Kato (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread