Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Karuizawa 2009/11/27 21:59
I will staying two nights in Karuizawa in mid Dec. Besides going to the Karuizawa Price Shopping Plaza, are there any nice scenic place to visit? Would Shiraito falls be worth a visit during that period of time?

The hotel that I'm staying with does not include dinner. Will it be difficult to find a restaurant around the station area at night?
by Shu Ling (guest)  

... 2009/11/28 11:05
Besides going to the Karuizawa Price Shopping Plaza, are there any nice scenic place to visit?

I recommend the Karuizawa Ginza shopping street.

Would Shiraito falls be worth a visit during that period of time?

I think it is worth the effort of access only if you have your own transportation, i.e. a rental car. I have been in late autumn and it was not very spectacular due to all the vegetation being barren.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/11/28 11:12
Thanks Uji! After visiting Karuizawa, I will be heading to Yuzawa. Will it be snowing then? My friend and I are thinking of trying out skiing and snowboarding.
by Shu Ling (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/11/28 11:18
After visiting Karuizawa, I will be heading to Yuzawa. Will it be snowing then?

There is a relatively high change of snow, but no guarantee. Even if there is no snow in the town of Yuzawa, a lot of the surrounding ski resorts should be open. Kagura, for example, is already open now:
http://www.princehotels.co.jp/ski/kagura-e/index.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

.... 2009/11/28 11:25
Thanks for the fast reply!
by Shu Ling (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread