Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

City Buses in Kanazawa 2009/12/7 00:07
I have checked that the Kanazawa Loop Buses only operates as from 8.30 am.

Can I know what time the City Buses operates in the morning.

I am staying at the Kanazawa Central Hotel and would like to visit the Kenrokeun Garden in the early morning, preferably before or around 7.00 am.

Any information would be most appreciated.

Thanks

by maxi123  

... 2009/12/7 09:04
They start running sporadically around 6:30am, and are in full swing after 7am.
by Uji rate this post as useful

City Buses in Kanazawa 2009/12/9 05:37
Uji

Thanks for the information.
by maxi123 rate this post as useful

City Buses in Kanazawa 2010/2/18 15:25
I understand that the Kanazawa Loop Bus makes 19 stops. Can I know which stop I should alight and the walking distance from the bus stop to the following places:

1. Higashichaya District
2. Nagamachi Samurai District

Does anyone has the website address of Kanazawa Loop Bus.

Thanks

Sandy

try this? 2010/2/18 15:45
http://www.kanazawa-tourism.com/eng/guide/guide2.php

Also, as a personal aside, we found the light at Kenrukoen in the late afternoon was better than the morning..you may ant to visit the garden twice.....
by fmj rate this post as useful

City Buses in Kanazawa 2010/2/18 21:03
fmj - Thanks for the link.

I will not be able to do Kenrokuen Gardens in the afternoon as I will be taking the 4.00 pm bus to Shirakawa-go. I do not have much time in Kanazawa, only the morning and early afternoon. Hence I will have to do Kenrokuen Gardens early in the morning when it opens at 7.00 am, then to Kanazawa Castle.

From here, I plan to visit the Higashichaya Teahouse Districts, Nagamachi Samurai District and finally to Omicho Market for late lunch.

Does anyone know if the Kanazawa loop bus is still in operation or has it been replaced by the Excursion Bus.

Thanks

Sandy

... 2010/2/19 03:35
Does anyone know if the Kanazawa loop bus is still in operation or has it been replaced by the Excursion Bus.

The loop bus still exists:
http://www.hokutetsu.co.jp/bus/loop/pamphlet.pdf

On the Kanazawa Tourism website they translate it as "Jokamachi Kanazawa Excursion Bus", but the signs on the bus read "Kanazawa Loop Bus".
by Uji rate this post as useful

City Buses in Kanazawa 2010/2/19 20:20
Uji - Thanks for the link. Will try to find our way around Kanazawa.

Sandy

reply to this thread