Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shirakawa-go in end of March 2009/12/28 13:45
Hi ,
I am planning to visit Japan in End of March. One of my most favorite place is Shirakawa-go. How it look like in that period of time? If you don't mind, please give me an idea so that I can make decision. If it look like snow is melting and mix between spring and winner, then I may come back later next trip. Thank you in advance.
by natsima  

... 2009/12/28 17:09
If it look like snow is melting and mix between spring and winner, then I may come back later next trip.

I am afraid that is exactly how it usually looks like in late March. In some years, there might still be snow left, in others all might have gone already. But there is almost no green or colorful vegetation yet.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you very much 2009/12/28 17:12
I will plan to Shirakawa-go on my second trip. :)
by natsima rate this post as useful

Shirakawa-go in end of March 2010/3/3 23:27
Hi Uji san,
How about the weather on the mid of Apr ? Is there any Sakura around there ?
by Chari (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/3/4 01:50
Early April is mostly still barren. I am not sure about late April. It isn't until mid May that rice is planted and the entire landscape turns fully green.

As for cherry blossoms, I don't think Shirakawago is a famous spot for them, but maybe there are a few trees. I am nit sure.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread