Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting from Tokyo to Hiroshima 2010/1/19 04:06
I understand there is a night bus that goes from Tokyo to Hiroshima, can anyone give me some information on getting from the airport in Tokyo to the bus station where this bus leaves from and my flight is coming in at 6pm and I notice the night train leaves at 9pm is that enough time to catch it? Thanks for any help you might be able to give me.

Leaving Chile and soon to be maybe even colder living in Hiroshima.
by Chilecookoff  

yahoo, rakuten 2010/1/19 16:24
Can you read japanese?
if so, you can go to Yahoo! Travel
http://travel.yahoo.co.jp/

there you can reserve buses from Tokyo to Hiroshima and much more. then you pay you reservation at any conbini, get your ticket, and that's it.

rakuten is another good option:
http://travel.rakuten.co.jp/

there are many more options but these are the ones i use more often.

if you need detailed instructions let me know!
by matcha (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks for the info 2010/1/20 03:47
Sorry do not read Japanese, working on it.
I will check out Yahoo and also the other site you recommend. Thanks for the help. Matcha
by Chilecookoff rate this post as useful

willer 2010/1/20 08:07
okay then i have another solution for you:

http://willerexpress.com/bus/pc/3/top/

Willer express is a company with buses going to many parts of japan. That webpage is in english and you can pay you reservation by credit card.

100% safe, i've traveled with them :)

by matcha (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks for your help 2010/1/20 11:17
thanks that works great, I am so looking forward to moving to Hiroshima, I am a reiki master, musician and a writer.
Shaman

2 choices to Hiroshima 2010/1/20 11:44
It is possible to travel from Tokyo to Hiroshima using a night train. However, you'll be very tired. I suggest using a night bus, plane, or the morning shinkansen instead.

Below are possible ways using night train.

If you're using JR pass, take Narita express to Tokyo station. Then take the 10pm night train ''Sunrise seto'' (サンライズ瀬戸) to Fukuoka. You'll reach there about 6.30. After that, take Hikari to Hiroshima. This way, you can be there before 8 in the morning.

If it's acceptable to pay for a hotel. You may stay somewhere near Shinyokohama and take 6-am Hikari. You'll reach Hiroshima at about 10 am.

I'm not sure which 9pm train you're talking about. But please not that the number of night trains has been reduced recently. For more information about travel rout, check out here:
www.jorudan.co.jp
grace.hyperdia.com
both have English version :)
by Marionette85 rate this post as useful

thanks 2010/1/21 05:42
Looks like the night bus is the best way to go gets in early and you can sleep on it, thanks to all for the advice and help.
Namesta
chilecookooff.yaho

thank you 2010/2/1 03:53
I got in to Hiroshima very nice thanks to all your advice, I took the night bus from Tokyo Breeze it was comfortable and I am enjoying everything here very much
Thank you all for your help
Ziggysan

reply to this thread