Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Oedo-onsen Monogatari overnight stay 2010/1/21 13:57
I'll be spending an evening at Oedo-onsen Monogatari while in Japan and was looking forward to spending the night there. However, on the official website the 'Stay' info tab is still under construction.

Are there rooms you can stay overnight in (akin to a ryokan setup), or do you sleep within the onsen on lounges etc?

Is there sufficient storage facilities for travellers with decent-sized backpacks who wish to stay the night?

手伝ってありがとう! tetsudatte arigatou!
by Astara  

... 2010/1/21 18:45
It looks like they mean that the English page for accommodation is still not yet ready. On the Japanese page, they do have listing of different room types in "Iseya," a ryokan style hotel there.

http://www.ooedoonsen.jp/higaeri/stay/iseya.html#01

You have photos 1 - 6 at the top, with a table immediately below showing the room rizes. From the left, it's the room type, size in square meters, number of rooms of that type, and max. occupancy (2 people). (The table lists 1 - 9; 7 - 9 are hotel rooms with 7: double sofabed, 8: twin beds, and 9: with futon bedding.)

If you scroll further down, you have the room rates. The rates are for two people in one room, and from the left side, it's the room type, Sun. through Thu. (check in at 16:00, and check in at 20:00), weekends/holidays/the day before the weekend (again with 16:00 and 20:00 check in), then for "specific days" which seem to mean year-end holiday season. It looks like this rate is for the room, and there will be an additional charge for a single occupancy (all rooms are intended to be for two).

They only have phone number listed at the very bottom.
by AK rate this post as useful

amazing response! 2010/1/21 19:18
WOW Thank you so much for that excellent response. I truly appreciate the effort you put in. That will greatly help!!

Of all the places in Japan, this place seems to be making me the most excited :)
by Astara rate this post as useful

Just to add 2010/1/21 19:43
http://www.ooedoonsen.jp/higaeri/stay/index.html

Seeing from your profile your gender, you could try this "cabin" type as well if you are intereested and want to go real budget. If you scroll down a bit, on the left side you'll see a photo of wooden locker-looking things :)
by AK rate this post as useful

nice find! 2010/1/21 21:21
Actually that doesn't look too bad either! The Tatami rooms seem quite reasonable too considering the cost factors in overnight admission into the Onsen for two from what I read.

So going off 2 people, the capsules would cost about 10k yen, while the tatami room is about 16k yen. Since we're staying at the Green Plaza Shinjuku Capsule Hotel the night before it might be too much capsule time too soon :) :)

by Astara rate this post as useful

Re: Oedo-onsen Monogatari overnight stay 2013/4/27 05:04
Although old, this thread has been most helpful. However, I was wondering what the luggage storage options are at the "ryokan" portion of the facility. According to the website, Check-in is at 1900. However, it says that the "※大江戸温泉物語館内へのご入場は11:00からご利用可能です。" I think this means the hotel reception opens at 11? It also looks like they allow hourly renting of the rooms from 12:00 to 18:00 which probably why the reception opens that early even though Check in is at 1900. However, we will be traveling from Shinjuku with a decent amount of luggage (2 per person) and aren't sure if there will be a place to store it if we arrive ~12:00. A normal hotel would usually let you store this luggage for free prior to check-in. They would also usually hold your luggage on check-out day until later that day if needed. Since we are taking the midnight flight from Haneda that night, we would also like to have our luggage stored there on Check-out day until later that afternoon when we leave for the airport. Does anybody have any experience with the storage facilities at the Ooedo onsen "hotel"? Thanks in advance for any help.
by tnt8 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread